好文,寫的有血有肉,有趣也有思想!

來源: lilac09 2011-08-13 15:33:54 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (14293 bytes)
回答: 【非文青每周一文】On Accent非文學青年2011-08-13 09:13:52

沒什麽大毛病,以下都是我個人覺得可以商榷的地方,

1. In order to make the point that the new generation that was born into the digital age and grows up with computer, internet and social media is very different from those of us who have “learned” or “adapted to” the new technology, the article humorously calls the two generations “Digital Natives” and “Digital Immigrants” respectively.

>> This clause (with “,” inside) is a bit too long in the middle of the sentence, prone to incurring misunderstanding.

My version:

In order to make the point that how big the difference is between the new digital generation (people who were born into the digital age and grow up with the computer and social media) and those who have “learned” or “adapted to” the new technology, the article humorously calls the two generations “Digital Natives” and “Digital Immigrants” respectively.

2. calling someone on the phone to ask:

>> calling someone to ask: (more concise)

3. I start thinking that maybe we have way more “American Immigrant accent” than we think we do if we expand the definition of “accent” to include the blunders related to the content of our speech, grammatical errors and logical flaws.

>> to include content blunders, grammatical errors, and logical flaws. – this may achieve better parallel structure

4. I couldn’t help but wonder whether we are running the risk of appearing funny or even ridiculous by working meticulously on pronouncing “mountain” in the so-called “美味” (american accent) way and losing sight of a whole “mountain” of English knowledge and American culture.

>> meticulous -極仔細的; 一絲不苟的. It is not a derogative word. But here you are trying to to express your disapproval.

Maybe you can use:

by overworking on how to pronounce “mountain” in the so-called “美味”…

or by going overboard on how to pronounce in …

or overkill

5. Is our avidness in pursuing the much coveted “美味” in pronunciation overshadowing our efforts in reducing our other “accent” in the content?

>> Coveted - sounds weird here. It seems you like this word very much. This is the second time I saw this word in your articles. Hehe..

Is our avidness in pursuing the ultimate “美味” in pronunciation overshadowing our efforts in reducing our other “accent” in the content?

6. I laughed whole-heartedly at a scene from Ha Jin’s book A Free Life, when the protagonist, Nan Wu said to a potential employer in a job interview, “We got laid all together” leaving out the “off” after “laid”.

>> whole heartedly – unconditional commitment, unstinting devotion, or unreserved enthusiasm

I split my sides at the scene…

when -> “in which” to modify a “scene”;

need a “,” before “leaving out….”

7. What I am trying to do here is rehash what selfselfself said three months ago when I, like i999 now, ecstatic about the progress I had made in a short period of time.

>> was ecstatic

8. Another instance in the book that cracked me up is about the use of the idiom “play hooky”.

>> Instance means something real. 實例. I’d like to use “example” or “story” instead

9. Anyway, maybe I am just trying to justify my slacking off on the reading of 900 sentences;

>> reading – 看

read aloud. the read aloud 朗讀

所有跟帖: 

大謝88後! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (131 bytes) () 08/13/2011 postreply 17:53:39

剛才匆匆忙忙漏掉了第6條,再謝mm! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (432 bytes) () 08/13/2011 postreply 22:55:35

可能俺也有點走火入魔了,嘿嘿~~ -lilac09- 給 lilac09 發送悄悄話 lilac09 的博客首頁 (3851 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 07:49:34

把剛才試圖貼沒貼成的又寫了一遍,但願這次你沒刪。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (2119 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 08:58:38

又想到點兒: -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (963 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 09:46:31

ok~ok~~ Peace...peace...:)) -lilac09- 給 lilac09 發送悄悄話 lilac09 的博客首頁 (1628 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 10:30:32

Interesting discussion! 外行差一句嘴。 -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (1286 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 13:02:25

Sorry, 外行插一句嘴。 -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 13:12:58

再謝! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (1219 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 17:29:50

lilac, did you just delete your reply? -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (108 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 07:51:07

下次要手快,寫一個字就回,記她想刪也刪不掉 -金迷- 給 金迷 發送悄悄話 金迷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 09:50:10

狠! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 09:54:45

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”