又想到點兒:

Another consideration of using "calling on the phone" was that I wanted to highlight the different message carrier for the two generations, computer vs. phone.

btw,  I hate that you have to cross out "split my sides", but my hu*****and did say "side-splitting" is used quite often in writing, eg. side-spliting comedy. You are the master of idioms. I learned "split my sides" this time. Maybe I won't use it here, but it definitely helps when I see it or hear it in the future.

More importantly, please keep on giving me feedbacks on both grammatical errors and style of writing. we might not agree with each other; we might get into heated discussion and might even offend each other.   But that's how we learn, and learn it by heart. agree?

We are alike in a lot of ways.  I had a little bit of a spat two months ago because I went overboard on criticising someone else's writing.:)

所有跟帖: 

ok~ok~~ Peace...peace...:)) -lilac09- 給 lilac09 發送悄悄話 lilac09 的博客首頁 (1628 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 10:30:32

Interesting discussion! 外行差一句嘴。 -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (1286 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 13:02:25

Sorry, 外行插一句嘴。 -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 13:12:58

再謝! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (1219 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 17:29:50

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!