把剛才試圖貼沒貼成的又寫了一遍,但願這次你沒刪。

來源: 非文學青年 2011-08-14 08:58:38 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2119 bytes)
回答: 可能俺也有點走火入魔了,嘿嘿~~lilac092011-08-14 07:49:34

Last night, I felt bad reading my brief note sent in a hurry before dinner. You spent time and energy reviewing my essay. At the least, I should have responded to each point. But my response appeared ungrateful and defensive. I apologize. You did a great job in giving me feedbacks. I commend you for that!
I also need to make a mental note for myself: don’t reply to posts in a hurry. Sit on it or even sleep on it, esp. if it’s about some touchy subjects like writing. :)

There are 3 or 4 correct ways of saying a sentence and thousands of wrong ways.
In between, there is a grey area with a couple of ways that could give away our “accent”. What we are grappling with is mainly in this area.
    (1) Most of your comments are about choices among the correct ways, like the ones you think it’s more concise but I feel it might not be clear.
    eg: “calling on the phone” ->calling. I struggled with it writing it. I used “calling” at first, but was afraid it might not reproduce the sentence from the original paper. I thought of “phoning”, but later decided on calling on the phone, risking being verbose.
    (2) Some of your comments are dragging the writing from the correct ways down to the grey area. Like the suggestion of replacing “work meticulously” with “overwork, overkill”. They are not appropriate for that context. My lg said (I hate to quote him, which makes me sound like a bully. :) ), "overwork" is only used when you are talking about “working for the boss too much”. That’s when he said, this kind of modification is pulling my writing down. sorry if that sounded harsh.

As to the first sentence, you are completely right. It was not the best sentence structure. my hu*****and did not correct it though.The punctuation is jennea’s suggestion.

Again, thanks a lot for the bricks!

Why did we switch to English? now I have another essay to work on. kidding. haha.

所有跟帖: 

又想到點兒: -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (963 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 09:46:31

ok~ok~~ Peace...peace...:)) -lilac09- 給 lilac09 發送悄悄話 lilac09 的博客首頁 (1628 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 10:30:32

Interesting discussion! 外行差一句嘴。 -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (1286 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 13:02:25

Sorry, 外行插一句嘴。 -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 13:12:58

再謝! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (1219 bytes) () 08/14/2011 postreply 17:29:50

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”