We spent most of the day driving from Yuan Yang to Pu Er, ate lunch at Yuan Jiang, a county about halfway.
1. One more look before we leave.
8. People selling fresh sugar canes at roadside.
9. Place in Yuan Jiang where we had lunch.
We had stone pot fish. It is like hot pot with fish. You eat fish first, and then boil other stuff like tofu, vegetables, rice noodle etc. in the soup. It was delicious, and all for 153 RMB (~$22).
12. Bamboo hat is used as pot cover in Yunnan.
13. After you finish the fish, you boil other stuff in the soup like tofu ...
14. and vegetables ...
15. Our hotel in Pu Er is located on a beautiful lake called Mei Zi Hu (Plum Lake).
16. Plum Lake.
17. Plum Lake. There are miles of walking path along the lake.
18. Place in Pu Er where we had dinner. They are known for their Huang2 Men4 Ji1, a big chicken dish, but we were too full to order it.
19. We only ordered vegetable dishes.
(To be continued)