Buda, the hilly side of Budapest, has Gellért Hill, Buda Castle, Matthias Church, Fisherman's Bastion, and Memento Park ...
1. Pest from Gellért Hill.
2. Matthias Church and Fisherman's Bastion.
3. Fisherman's Bastion.
4. Fisherman's Bastion.
5. Matthias Church.
6. Matthias Church.
7. Matthias Church.
8. Matthias Church.
9. Matthias Church.
10. Matthias Church.
11. Hungarian Parliament Building from Fisherman's Bastion.
12. Hungarian Parliament Building from Fisherman's Bastion at night.
13. Pest from Buda Castle.
15. Buda Castle.
16. Memento Park, an open-air museum where Hungary's Communist period statues came to rest.
17. Memento Park.
There was a small movie theater in the park. A documentary named "The Life of an Agent" was playing. It was the Secret police training films from the communist era. It was kind of interesting but we didn't have time to watch it all since we didn't want to miss the bus. Here is its youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEFrfsb42hI
18. Lukács Baths, one free visit included in the Budapest Card. It is not as pretty as the Széchenyi Thermal Bath, but the bath experience was still very enjoyable for us. The water is comfortable hot. There are section where you can sit or lie down, and there are jets shooting off places so it is like getting massage. And there are strong sheets of water falling down from 2 special heads so you can get shoulder / head / back massage. It was so nice. We stayed for over 1.5 hours, and had to peel ourselves away from those water massage.
19. Széchenyi Thermal Bath on Pest side. It is definitely much more prettier, but it will be a lot more crowded too. This picture was taken at 9:25 AM so it doesn't show the crowd.
(To be continued)