Haven't been back for almost 2.5 years, my parents are clearly getting older fast. Personally I don't think it is safe or comfortable for them to live at home alone any more, but they refuse to move into a senior living place, or hiring a live-in nanny or even an hourly helper. So there is nothing I can do except praying.
2. With government subsidy, their apartment building just added elevator recently. It was still not in use when I left. Hopefully soon.
3. Since the people on the 1st floor can't benefit from the elevator, they demanded the construction crew to install a wheelchair ramp for them, which made walking difficult for everyone because the path is so narrow :(
4. A senior living place I visited.
5. Their weekly menu.
6. Special order menu.
7. Weekly activities.
My parents think they are too expensive and the room is too small, and not enough common area to walk. Most importanyly, they don't think they need a senior living place yet. They think they still can handle everything themselves.
Some food pictures.
8. Authentic Beijing breakfast.
9. Authentic Beijing breakfast.
10. Hot pot.
11. Dessert made like a hexagonal household coal brick.
P.S. $1 was about 6.7 RMB in Apr, 2019.