Our train to Machu Picchu was at 3:37 pm in the afternoon, so we had plenty of time to explore Ollantaytambo today.
1. Breakfast with this killer view.
2. Archaeological park of Ollantaytambo.
3. Since we had plenty of time, we took the longest route (red).
4. Oh great, more stairs to climb :)
6. Ten Niches area.
8. Inca couch with a view.
9. View from the Inca couch.
10. Temple of the Sun.
11. Temple of the Sun.
12. Inkawatana, presumed to be a solar observatory.
13. View from Inkawatana.
14. You can see Ten Niches again.
16. Qolqas (storage area).
17. Qolqas (storage area).
18. Since we still had hours to kill after lunch, we went back hiking the Pinkuylluna.
22. View from Pinkuylluna.
24. Believe it or not, this is actuallly a Pokestop! So I could sit here spin it every 5 minutes while waiting for Dave to take pictures.
25. Train to Machu Picchu / Agua Calientes.
26. I loved the Peruvian corn.
27. Since it was low season, the restaurants in Agua Calientes were mostly empty, making us think there wouldn't be many people at Machu Picchu tomorrow. Wrong!
28. Agua Calientes.
(To be continued)