Day 6 continue
I have read about the National Grand Theater on wenxuecity before our trip, so we went there to look at the real thing this morning.
1. The National Grand Theater. The reflecting pool was already drained.
2. Even the trees were wrapped in ropes for winter?
3. Most of the bushes were covered.
4. Still more needs to be done.
5. How much work this is every year?
6. Workers took a lunch break in 32F degree weather.
7. From Tian An Men Square looking west. The National Grand Theater is located just behind the Great Hall of the People, seen in the picture.
8. From Tian An Men Square looking east.
9. Changing guards?
10. Beijing 2008 Olympics countdown.
11. Tian An Men. The placards say "Long live the People's Republic of China", "Long live the Great Unity of the world's people".
12. Tian An Men and Chang An Street. Chang An Street is the main west-east street in Beijing.
(To be continued)