我的翻譯聽寫練習之十四作業 -- 受命統率全軍

來源: beautifulwind 2011-08-25 21:07:40 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3166 bytes)

受命統率全軍
            喬治·華盛頓

你可以相信我,我極其莊嚴地向你保證我根本沒有追求過這項任命,而是竭盡全力,千方百計地回避它。這不僅是因為我不願意同你以及全家人分別,而且因為我深知責任重大,非我力所能及。另外,倘若我出門數十載尋求前景非常遙遠的幸福,那還比不上在家中與你相聚一個月那樣真正幸福。但是,既然命運已賦予我這個使命,我希望,安排我來承擔這個任務是為了使我有所建樹。……

我將信賴一直保佑我和降福於我的上帝,深信到秋天我將平安地回到你的身邊。對出征所帶來的艱辛和危險,我不會感到痛苦,使我難過的是我知道你獨自一人留在家中必然感到焦慮不安。因此,我懇求你鼓起全部勇氣,盡量愉快地過日子.沒有什麽比聽到你過得愉快的消息--並且是從你的筆下聽到這消息,能使我感到更大的欣慰了.

翻譯作業

You may trust me, I assure you quite solemnly that I have never persued this nomination, but try my best and do everything to dodge it. This is not only because I hate to be seperated with you and family, but also I deeply know that the responsibility is huge and beyond my might. In addition, to be away from home for decades to seek faraway happiness is less than that of staying with you at home for one month. However, since I am bestowed this mission by destiny, I hope, to take up this assignment is to make me succeed.

I would trust God who has always been blessing me, I believe that I am going to come back in fall. The hardship and perils that proceed by the expedition would not hurt me, but you staying at home alone would. Therefore, I beg that you must summon up all of your encourage to spend your time happily. Nothing could make me happier than knowing that you lead a happy life--especially when I hear from you.

聽寫作業

Accepting the command of the army

You may believe me when I assure you in the most solemn manner that so far from seeking this employment I have used every effort and my power to avoid it, not only from my unwillingness to part with you and family, but from consciousness of its being a trust too great for my capacity. And I should enjoy more real happiness in one month with you at home than I have the most distant prospect of finding abroad if my stay would be seven times seven years. But as it has been a kind of destiny that has thrown me opon the service, I shall hope that my undertaking it is design to answer some good purpose.

I shall rely confidently on that providence which has here to for preserved and been down to me, not doubting, but I shall return safety you in fall. I shall feel no pain from the toil or danger of the campain. My unhappiness would flow from uneasiness I know you will feel from being left alone. I therefore beg you will summon your full fortitude and past your time as agreeibly as possible. Nothing will give me so much sincere satisfaction as to hear this and to hear it from your own pen.

所有跟帖: 

回複:我的翻譯聽寫練習之十四作業 -- 受命統率全軍 -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (2810 bytes) () 08/25/2011 postreply 21:24:15

謝謝愚教授的批改!學的東西真多!大謝愚教授! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (2277 bytes) () 08/25/2011 postreply 21:56:02

回複:謝謝愚教授的批改!學的東西真多!大謝愚教授! -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (2194 bytes) () 08/25/2011 postreply 22:26:15

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”