Today we are going to Glacier Grey Area. After checking in at Grey Lodge, we dropped our big bag, and carried a lighter load to the Hanging Bridges later.
1. Another beautiful day.
We were told "the wind coming off Glacier Grey can be very strong, so be careful". We were like: are you serious? It is really windy here everywhere. Just the day before Dave who weights over 200 lbs. and carries a 20+ lbs. backpack got picked up by the wind and threw into a bush. How can the wind be any stronger?
But it is true. The wind coming off Glacier Grey is really strong. It is not the sudden gusty wind that can blew you off your feet. It is a constant strong wind that made it hard to walk or stand still. Dave had to push me from behind to prevent me from getting blown backward sometimes.
4. Dig in with my hiking poles to stay balanced.
6. Lago Gray.
8. I had to sit down to take pictures, and even that it was hard to hold the phone still.
9. Walking towards Glacier Grey.
12. Reaching Grey Lodge.
13. Grey Campground.
14. 1st hanging bridge (30 minutes from Grey Lodge).
15. 2nd hanging bridge (40-ish minutes from the first one).
16. 2nd hanging bridge.
17. From the other side of the 2nd hanging bridge.
18. Glacier Grey from a lookout just pass the 2nd hanging bridge.
19. Glacier Grey.
20. Glacier Grey.
21. Glacier Grey.
22. Glacier Grey.
(To be continued)