1. Rick Steves' tour day 4 schedule.
2. Anatolian Civilizations Museum.
3. Anatolian Civilizations Museum.
4. Anatolian Civilizations Museum.
5. Anatolian Civilizations Museum.
6. Anatolian Civilizations Museum.
7. Ataturk mausoleum visit. Ataturk is the leader of the Turkish War of Independence and the founder and first President of the Republic of Turkey.
8. Ataturk mausoleum visit.
10. Ataturk mausoleum visit.
11. Ataturk mausoleum visit.
12. We left Ataturk mausoleum after noon, and arrived at our hotel in Cappadocia region before 6 pm. It was a beautiful hotel. Too bad it was in a sleepy village, and the step between bedroom and sitting room is a safety hazard.
13. Stairs to our room.
14. Hotel's evil eye decor.
Stuff featuring evil eye are everywhere in Turkey. According to Wikipedia:
The evil eye is a curse or legend believed to be cast by a malevolent glare, usually given to a person when they are unaware. Many cultures believe that receiving the evil eye will cause misfortune or injury. Talismans created to protect against the evil eye are also frequently called "evil eyes".
15. Restaurant where we had group dinner later.
16. This kind of rock formations are everywhere in Cappadocia region.
17. The sleepy village we stayed in.
(To be continued)