This is our 3rd trip to France, and first time to Chamonix. I can't tell you how glad I am that we went. On a good day, Aiguille du Midi is out of this world beautiful! Yes, it is maybe a bit too crowded than I would like but definitely worth all the hassle to get up there.
1. It takes two gondola rides to get up Aiguille du Midi (3,842 m / 12,605 ft.).
2. Aiguille du Midi.
3. Aiguille du Midi.
4. Aiguille du Midi.
5. Aiguille du Midi.
6. Aiguille du Midi.
7. From Aiguille du Midi, you can take another cable car to Pointe Helbronner (3,462 m) at the Italian side of the Mont Blanc Massif.
8. To Pointe Helbronner.
9. To Pointe Helbronner.
10. To Pointe Helbronner.
11. To Pointe Helbronner.
12. Back at Aiguille du Midi.
13. Chamonix's other attraction, Le Brévent (2,525 m /8,284 ft.) is a worthy option only if you have extra time after seeing Aiguille du Midi.
14. At Le Brévent with Aiguille du Midi and Mont Blanc in the back.
15. It also takes two gondola rides to get up Le Brévent.
If you buy the Mont Blanc Multipass, you can take the Montenvers Railway to Mer de Glace for free. But in my opinion, the scenery is just ok.
16. Mer de Glace.
17. Hike to Lac Blanc on a cloudy day.
18. Lac Blanc.
19. Waiting for bus to go back to Chamonix at Les Praz Flegere.
20. Paragliders over Chamonix.
P.S. 1 euro was about 1.19 USD, and 1 CHF was about 1.05 USD in Aug/Sep 2017.