We were supposed to take a 10:05 am LATAM flight to Cusco this morning, but last night around 10 pm I got a Google alert that said this flight was cancelled. I almost had a heart attack. What do you mean the flight is cancelled! Why? What am I supposed to do in a country that I can't speak the language?! So I called LATAM U.S.'s 1-800 number (Thank goodness my cellphone worked in Peru). It turned out the problem was already solved before I called except I didn't know. For this trip, I used kayak.com to book the LATAM tickets to fly from Lima to Cusco, and kayak used Vayama to process the booking. When LATAM cancelled my original 10:05 am flight to Cusco, Vayama's booking system automatically rebooked us to 9:50 am flight to Cusco but didn't bother to tell us!!! So all LATAM agent had to do was sending me the new Reservation code and e-tickets by email.
The 9:50 am flight to Cusco was late by probably 30 minutes. So if we never knew about the flight cancellation last night, it wouldn't matter anyway.
There was no Uber service in Cusco, so we took an official taxi from the airport to our hotel which cost 40 Soles. Later when we were leaving the city, a taxi ride from the hotel to the airport only cost 10 Soles. Our hotel guy told us that the airport charged a lot of money for taxis to pick up guests at the airport that is why the fare was so high there.
1. Our hotel in Cusco.
2. Our hotel in Cusco. It was so peaceful inside.
3. Our hotel in Cusco.
4. Our hotel in Cusco.
5. Our hotel in Cusco.
6. Dave tried some giant popcorn later. It was stale.
8. Cusco's Plaza De Armas is so beautiful! I could sit here for hours.
9. Cusco's Plaza De Armas.
10. Cusco's Plaza De Armas from Church of the Society of Jesus.
11. Cathedral of Cusco.
12. Church of the Society of Jesus.
13. Eating dinner at Inka Grill at Plaza De Armas.
14. The cuy (guinea pig, 67 Soles, almost $20) they were serving was only half, kind of disappointing :)
(To be continued)