For the first time on this trip we didn't have to meet before 9am, yeah! But the weather really sucked today. It was cold and raining and we had to walk for hours with our local guide, Wolfgang, around Vienna in the rain. If it is up to me, I would switch the day with the next day which is more of indoor activities, but tour group has to follow schedules because of group bookings.
2. Neue Burg, a former imperial palace, now part of the palace (left) forms the official residence and workplace of the President of Austria, and a museum (right).
3. The President of Austria lives and works on the 3rd floor of the light colored building. The floors above and below it are regular apartments. Can you believe this!
4. Kunsthistorisches Museum ("Museum of Art History"), a really good art museum not far from Neue Burg.
5. Vienna State Opera.
6. Hotel Imperial, a five-star luxury hotel in Vienna. We stopped here to try its famous Imperial Tart, a chocolate truffle.
7. Hotel Imperial.
8. Hotel Imperial.
9. Imperial Tart at Cafe Imperial, way too sweet for me.
10. Belvedere Museum.
11. Belvedere Museum.
12. Belvedere Museum.
Our tour ended inside Belvedere Museum around 1pm. I went through the museum myself after the tour since Wolfgang only talked about some highlights. After that I went to St. Peter's Church near our hotel since they had a free organ concert at 3pm.
13. St. Peter's Church.
14. St. Peter's Church.
15. St. Peter's Church.
16. St. Peter's Church.
A bunch of us wanted to go to the Strauss and Mozart concert at the Kursalon tonight at 8:15pm, but the tickets were sold out so we went to dinner together at a local restaurant near our hotel.
17. I didn't know the Austrians eat brain, heart, liver, and tripe too :)
18. My dinner, calf brain with potato.
(To be continued)