We had been so spoiled by the weather on this trip so far. It was the end of September, and every day we had so far was sunny and warm. Yesterday it was 80 degrees! The weather finally changed. Starting today we were getting rain and cold weather :(
We left Prague at 8:15am, arrived in Cesky Krumlov before noon, dropped the bags at the hotel and started sightseeing right away. We only had half a day at Cesky Krumlov which is too short in my opinion. And because I signed up for an optional activity, rafting on the Vltava River, I didn't even have time to visit the Cesky Krumlov Castle after our Castle Theatre tour. Anyway, the rafting was really fun, and even though it was an optional activity Jana paid for us. There are quite a bit of hidden values in the Rick Steves tour that I didn't realize before.
1. Our hotel in Cesky Krumlov.
2. My room.
3. The restaurant where we had dinner later.
4. Cesky Krumlov's town square.
6. Cesky Krumlov.
7. Cesky Krumlov Castle.
8. Cesky Krumlov.
9. Cesky Krumlov.
10. Cesky Krumlov.
11. Castle Gardens in Cesky Krumlov.
12. Castle Gardens in Cesky Krumlov.
13. Castle Gardens in Cesky Krumlov.
14. Castle Gardens in Cesky Krumlov.
15. Castle Gardens in Cesky Krumlov.
16. Wandering around Cesky Krumlov again after the rafting.
17. Cesky Krumlov.
18. Cesky Krumlov.
19. Cesky Krumlov.
20. Cesky Krumlov.
22. One of the best things I bought on this trip is chocolate wafers from this chocolate store in Cesky Krumlov. Buy as much as your suitcase can fit. Seriously!
23. Dinner tonight. When I signed up for fish for tonight's dinner days ago (we ordered ahead so meals could be served quickly when we arrived at the restaurant), I didn't expect it to be a whole fish, but it didn't bother me. For some of my tour mates, this was a total shock :)
(To be continued)