I went to the Marina Bay Sands Hotel in the morning. I wanted to go to its SkyPark Observation Deck, but it opened at 9:30am. I was a bit early, so I walked around, including checking out the casino quickly, which was pretty empty at the time.
1. Christmas tree inside Marina Bay Sands Hotel.
I went to the SkyPark just after 9:30am. The first rush to get up must be over, because I had the whole elevator to myself when I went up to 56th floor. It was sunny and beautiful, would be better if there was no haze.
2. SkyPark Observation Deck.
3. Singapore Flyer from SkyPark Observation Deck.
4. From SkyPark Observation Deck.
5. From SkyPark Observation Deck.
6. From SkyPark Observation Deck.
7. Infinity Pool from SkyPark Observation Deck.
8. Infinity Pool from SkyPark Observation Deck.
From Marina Bay Sands Hotel I went to Singapore Botanic Gardens by MRT. The Botanic Gardens (free) were right outside the MRT station, but the National Orchid Garden I wanted to go was quite a long walk, at least 20 minutes away with lots of mosquitoes attacking me along the way :(
9. Singapore Botanic Gardens.
10. Stopping for lunch (seafood he fen, 12.5 SGD) on my walk to National Orchid Garden.
11. A big tree near the restaurant.
12. Space for outdoor concert in Singapore Botanic Gardens.
13. National Orchid Garden (5 SGD). There were so many beautiful orchids inside, I felt like I was in heaven. I think Jurong Bird Park, National Orchid Garden, and the Marina Bay Sands Hotel are the top 3 attractions in Singapore for me.
14. Inside National Orchid Garden.
Checked out Orchard Road, Little India, and Clarke Quay quickly afterwards.
15. Christmas decorations on Orchard Road. It was really pretty to see at night.
16. A colorful building in Little India.
17. Dinner at Little India: mutton masala plus lamb stomach (10 SGD). It came with rice and a boiled egg (buried inside the rice), onion salad, and a banana. It was very good.
18. Little India Arcade.
19. Clarke Quay.
(To be continued)
P.S. 1 USD was about 1.25 SGD in Nov. 2013.