Day 8: More Tortuguero
Today's activity included a rainforest hike at 9:30 am, a zip line tour at 11:30 am, and a canal tour at 3 pm.
1. A typical breakfast we had in Costa Rica: rice and beans, some eggs and some meats.
2. The hike was pretty lame. Not a lot to see comparing to our previous hikes. The mud was really deep at places. I was glad they provided rubber boots for the hike.
The zip line tour was not included in our tour package. It cost $30/person. Our tour guide said, this one doesn't go too high or too fast, so it is good for people who haven't done zip line before. I figured this was my chance of ever trying zip line so I signed up. I am so glad I did. I had so much fun!
Even though I am afraid of height normally, I wasn't scared at all during the zip line tour, except when I was doing the Tarzan swing. I was screaming like a little girl initially. :) It is kind of funny to watch the video later.
6. Me holding on to the ropes for dear life during the Tarzan swing.
7. Dave had no problem let go of the ropes.
8. More ziplining.
9. Stairs between trees to get us to a higher platform.
There were 2 German ladies doing the zip line tour with us. They were 70 years old, and they loved the tour! I hope I can be like them when I am 70 years old, enjoy life to the fullest no matter how old I am.
The canal tour started at 3 pm. The weather was beautiful when we started. We saw several Jesus Christ Lizards (so named because of its ability to run on the surface of water), a giant orange iguana, many birds, and even spider monkeys jumping from tree to tree.
10. Jesus Christ Lizard.
11. I don't know how our boat captain could spot these animals/birds while he was driving. They blended in so well.
13. The beautiful pachira flower and my mosquito bites ladened arm :)
14. Spider monkey.
15. Soon after we saw the spider monkeys, it started to rain. It was hard to see anything after that.
(To be continued)