Day 3 continue After lunch, Yuan went back to work. I tried to call another friend of mine, but couldn't reach him, so Dave and I decided to check out the super Wal-Mart near my parents' home. It is gigantic, and they sell everything: live turtle, live hairy crab, roast duck, every body part of the pig ......
1. Dragon Fruit.
3. Buy one turtle get one black chicken free.
4. Hairy crab: 380 RMB (~$51) per 500g.
5. Shopping cart.
6. Wool comforter? The Chinese sign says it is "New Generation Wool Quilt". The English translation says it is "Second Cousin Woolpack".
We also checked out two other stores next to Wal-Mart. One was Parkson, the other was Red Star Macalline Home Furniture Mall. Both stores were very fancy inside and very expensive. The same Clarks shoe Dave bought for $89.95 in the U.S. was selling for 2,188 RMB. That is almost $300. I wonder how many people actually shop there.
7. Wal-Mart and Parkson.
8. The furniture mall.
9. Some bathroom products in the furniture mall.
10. The furniture mall is 7 stories high. Two transparent elevators can take you up and down quickly.
11. Another store next door was under construction. It's about 4 - 5 stories high where these workers were standing.