Here is a simple analysis of the Emily’s poem:

來源: 忒忒綠 2021-08-31 13:45:00 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2305 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 忒忒綠 ] 在 2021-08-31 13:56:41 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: ......甜蟲蟲2021-08-31 10:15:06

原詩:

If you were coming in the Fall,
I'd brush the Summer by
With half a smile, and half a spurn,
As Housewives do, a Fly.

If I could see you in a year,
I'd wind the months in balls---
And put them each in separate Drawers,
For fear the numbers fuse---

If only Centuries, delayed,
I'd count them on my Hand,
Subtracting, til my fingers dropped
Into Van Dieman's Land,

If certain, when this life was out---
That yours and mine, should be
I'd toss it yonder, like a Rind,
And take Eternity---

But, now, uncertain of the length
Of this, that is between,
It goads me, like the Goblin Bee---
That will not state--- its sting.

理解:If you were coming back to me in the fall, or autumn, then I could happily endure the summer while I wait for you, and it would pass in no time, knowing that I would see you again when autumn comes. That short summer’s wait would be no more bothersome to me than a fly to a housewife, who simply swats it away. Similarly, if I could see you in a year’s time, I’d be happy to cross the months off between now and then and wait patiently for next year to come. Even if I had to wait centuries, I would patiently do so, counting off the years until my fingers rotted and dropped off my hands, falling all the way down to the other end of the world (‘Van Diemen’s Land’ is the old name for Tasmania). If I could be certain that when we two died, we would be reunited in the afterlife for eternity, that wouldn’t be a problem – I would simply toss my life aside, like the peeled rind of a fruit, and head for eternity.

But with that final stanza, announced by ‘But’, there comes the twist, the rub, the truth: the speaker cannot be sure of when she will see her beloved again, and instead time goads her, buzzing like a Goblin Bee that hovers around you, threatening to sting you, but not telling you when it will do so.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you for sharing the analysis of the poem! That but, haha. -甜蟲蟲- 給 甜蟲蟲 發送悄悄話 甜蟲蟲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 14:28:15

Life is full of "buts", isn't it? -甜蟲蟲- 給 甜蟲蟲 發送悄悄話 甜蟲蟲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 14:29:25

匆匆翻譯,跟蟲蟲的美帖湊趣:) -忒忒綠- 給 忒忒綠 發送悄悄話 忒忒綠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 15:15:00

翻譯在這裏:《如果你秋天來》 -忒忒綠- 給 忒忒綠 發送悄悄話 忒忒綠 的博客首頁 (2133 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 15:16:00

翻譯得很棒!這個英文版本稍微有點不一樣。 -甜蟲蟲- 給 甜蟲蟲 發送悄悄話 甜蟲蟲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 15:30:46

哈哈,她的遺作多半可能有後人的加工 -忒忒綠- 給 忒忒綠 發送悄悄話 忒忒綠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 15:53:00

翻譯的押韻尚需進一步斟酌:) -忒忒綠- 給 忒忒綠 發送悄悄話 忒忒綠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 15:58:00

讚精益求精,不過覺得押韻不是必需的 :) -甜蟲蟲- 給 甜蟲蟲 發送悄悄話 甜蟲蟲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/31/2021 postreply 20:56:39

謝謝綠詩人的解析。才理解一點原詩。 -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2021 postreply 18:29:42

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”