Troubles at work

來源: TryBeTough 2004-08-21 14:02:25 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4509 bytes)
I have been working for this company for 2 yrs, and never been into any troubles. Because I know lots of people around me don't like me simply because of my nationality. I always keep my profile low, and get my job done perfectly. I got two very good evaluations in the past.

The trouble started when I was assigned to another team. I need to work with a consultant for a new project. As I said to all the higher level managers, I am a team player, but I am not afraid to stand up for my opinion. But every time I brought up my suggestion she took as offence. So each our discussion turned into a big arguement. Then I went to the manager who is reponsible for this project, complained about how difficult to work with that woman, and explained why I wanted to do things this way. As I said to him, there is her way and better way, I just want to do my job in the better way. He made very bad comments on me and threated me that I would be kicked out of the company. I was shocked, and felt I was intimited and discrimated agaist.

I went to the head of department to complain the intimited and discrimation against me. She arranged a meeting with the higher manager of the department at her office. I repeated my complains and concerns about continuing to work in that team. Basically he just tried to force me continuing to work on that project. First he asked me: can you do this job. I said to him there is no question about that, I am over quailified for this job. Then he changed the question to, are you willing do this job. I said to him, before I can answer your question, I need to know how my concerns will be addressed. This meeting ended with he affirmed me that he would talk to that two people I have troubles with, then we would have another meeting.

I was very upset, and left early that day. I also took the next day off. When I returned to work, three of us had another meeting. At the beginning of this meeting, he told me he had talked to that two people, both said they have no problem working with me. I knew this work arrangement is hard to be changed, becuase they all know that woman is very difficult to work with, and no other locals would take that kind shit from her. So I asked to talk to that project manager first before I make my decision. I just wanted to get me a better work environment. They called in that guy, during the conversation, the higher level manager, his attitude suddenly changed, and said they need to put me on 3 mos probation. I was so irrated, and asked why, what's the basis he made that deciscion. He started to make claim that there were lots of problems of my work before, finally brought up his attention. He had talked to whom, whow..., they all said bad words about my work. I tried to keep myself cool down, and said, I have been here for 2 yrs, noboday criticized my work before. I have scheduled meeting with my direct manager every month, I never heard any complains about my work performance from him. Now all the suddent, because I complain I am not treated fairly, you made such claims against me. I want to set up meeting with everyone whom you said complained my work, I want to hear they say that words in my face.

The next meeting started with my direct manager. Things did not get any better. That higher lever manager grabed the most talk, continued to make all fause claims agaist me, and twiste his words back and forth. Basically each time he made a new claim, I asked the proof to support his claim, and turned to my direct manager, asked him, did I do this? He would say, no, that's not from me....

It's a long story, I try to keep it short here. Finally I went to talk to HR director. We had a meeting last friday. Things changed a litter bit, but I still will be on 3 mos probation, and I will be written up, because I insisted to write down the whole issue. First that higher manager said they don't want to write me up, they don't think it's that serious. They want to put all this into past, and move on.I was really tired of his lies, and said I don't agree their desicsion, I am not treated right here. I want all claims you made in the paper.

I think they can figure out the intension I insisted to be written up. Now I am thinking to take next step, go to State Human Rights Department to fill up formal complainment about the discrimation agaist me.

I want to share my experience with you, and would like to hear any suggestions for this. Thanks.

所有跟帖: 

回複:Troubles at work -CanadianCa- 給 CanadianCa 發送悄悄話 (1281 bytes) () 08/21/2004 postreply 16:49:47

回複:Troubles at work -usabc2991- 給 usabc2991 發送悄悄話 (399 bytes) () 08/21/2004 postreply 17:47:03

That is exactly how do I feel -TryBeTough- 給 TryBeTough 發送悄悄話 (300 bytes) () 08/21/2004 postreply 18:18:57

回複:Troubles at work -gyou- 給 gyou 發送悄悄話 (22 bytes) () 08/21/2004 postreply 21:38:58

回複:Troubles at work -shameOnChi- 給 shameOnChi 發送悄悄話 (2386 bytes) () 08/22/2004 postreply 00:36:19

I don't think it's fun tokeep -thisjob- 給 thisjob 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/24/2004 postreply 16:54:27

u'r right.but before he finds -u'rRight- 給 u'rRight 發送悄悄話 (243 bytes) () 08/24/2004 postreply 17:41:38

Feel deeply for you. -yls- 給 yls 發送悄悄話 (611 bytes) () 08/24/2004 postreply 12:56:44

回複:Troubles at work -AnotherChi- 給 AnotherChi 發送悄悄話 (387 bytes) () 09/13/2004 postreply 11:55:05

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”