這首歌是根據聖法蘭西斯(又譯為:亞西西的聖方濟各)的禱告詞改寫成:
- Make me a channel of your peace:
- 使我作禰和平之子
- Where there is hatred, let me bring your love,
- 在憎恨之處播下禰的愛
- Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord,
- 在傷痕之處播下禰寬恕
- And where there's doubt true faith in you.
- 在懷疑之處播下禰信心
- Make me a channel of your peace:
- 使我作禰和平之子
- Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope,
- 在絕望之處帶去盼望
- Where there is darkness, only light,
- 在幽暗之處帶去光明
- And where there's sadness, ever joy.
- 在憂愁之處帶去歡樂
- O Master, grant that I may never seek
- 哦,主啊,使我不為己求
- So much to be consoled as to console;
- 少求被安慰,但求被安慰人
- To be understood as to understand,
- 少求被理解,但求理解人
- To be loved, as to love with all my soul!
- 少求被愛,但求全心付出愛人
-
- Make me a channel of your peace:
- 使我作禰和平之子
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- 在赦免時,我們便蒙赦免
- In giving of ourselves that we receive,
- 在舍去時,我們便有所得
- And in dying that we are born to eternal life.
- 在向己而死時,進入永生