什麽是母校/What is an Alma Mater?
什麽是母校?
What is an Alma Mater?
就是那個你一天罵它八遍卻不許別人罵的地方
It is a place about which you complain eight times a day, but nobody else is allowed to
幾個人用同樣的鑰匙打開同一扇門
A place at which several students use a copy of the same key to open the same door
幾個人用同樣的目光跟空蕩蕩的寢室.
Several students share the same view in a room
看著空蕩蕩的宿舍和櫃子,總覺得留下了什麽,原來留下了我對你們的思念。
Looking at the empty cabinets, I feel that something is left behind, that is my memory
畢業了,才發現大學生是最好的職業。
Only at graduation did I find that studentship is the best profession
母校是什麽?
What is an alma mater?
你剛來的時候巴不得早點走,可真當你要走的時候,又急切地想多留一兩天。
When you arrived, you wished to leave soon; now it is time for you to leave, but you wish eagerly to stay longer.
再也不用逃課了,因為沒有課上了…
You do not have to skip classes anymore, because there are no more classes ...
今天天氣不錯,明天沒有課……以後都沒有了…
Today’s weather is beautiful; there will not be classes tomorrow ... no more ever ...
大學就像校門口的公交車,坐上車,去了又回,那是又開始一個學期;坐了不回,就畢業了。
The university is like an off campus bus; a round trip is a semester; a ride without return, is graduation.
我用一麻袋的錢上大學,換了一麻袋書。
I paid for my education with a sack of money, in exchange for a sack of books
畢業了,用這些書換錢,卻買不到一麻袋。
At graduation, however, I am not able to buy a sack with the money these books worth.
抱著一張大學錄取通知書睡覺,醒來後發現通知書變成了畢業證,證明我在這裏裏睡過。
I slept holding the university admission letter, and waken up to find that the letter has changed into a diploma, only to prove that I have slept here.
用四年的時間換一個心底永遠的回憶。
I used four years to plant an ever-lasting memory in my heart
葉子的離開是風的多情還是樹的不挽留?
Is the leaves' falling, due to the wind’s attraction or the tree’s indifference?
你我的離校是人生的催促還是青春難留?
Is our leaving the urge of life or withering of youth?
人之將畢業,其言也善。
As graduating students, our words are no more complaints.
我哭著到來,大家都笑了;我微笑著離開,大家都哭了。
When I arrived crying, everyone laughed; now I am leaving with a smile, everyone is crying
唉,這就是大學…
Alas, this is exact what the university is …