美文:Spring Thaw 作者:Robert Frost

來源: 紫君 2013-04-09 21:10:05 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5751 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 紫君 ] 在 2013-04-11 23:27:07 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
前言

Mr.Smart(
)對Robert Frost的作品了如指掌,感謝他認真地閱讀了[A Spring Thaw Under the Apple Tree],並且留言指出了我把作者的名字轉載錯了。

很慚愧,是我讀文章不仔細,作者不是Robert Frost, 而是Robert Klose,因為無法修改帖子的標題,就在帖子裏特此更正,再謝Mr.Smart.

P.S.特摘錄Mr.Smart的留言:

很優美。但裏麵有好幾處語法語意用詞的錯誤。讀了第一段就看出來不是Robert Frost寫的。
並且Robert Frost would not call himself Robert Frost that way as in the article.
來源:

美文:A Spring Thaw Under the Apple Tree 作者:Robert Klose 音畫:Justaddmusic (ZT)
http://www.csmonitor.com/1994/0406/06212.html

Every April I am beset by the same concern--that spring might not occur this year. The landscape looks forsaken, with hills, sky and forest forming a single gray meld, like the wash an artist paints on a canvas before the masterwork. My spirits ebb, as they did during an April snowfall when I first came to Maine 15 years ago. "Just wait," a neighbor counseled. "You'll wake up one morning and spring will just be here."

Andlo, on May 3 that year I awoke to a green so startling as to be almost electric, as if spring were simply a matter of flipping a switch. Hills, sky and forest revealed their purples, blues and green. Leaves had unfurled, goldfinches had arrived at the feeder and daffodils were fighting their
way heavenward.

Then there was the old apple tree. It sits on an undeveloped lot in my neighborhood. It belongs to no one and therefore to everyone. The tree's dark twisted branches sprawl in unpruned abandon. Each spring it blossoms so profusely that the air becomes saturated with the aroma of apple. When I drive by with my windows rolled down, it gives me the feeling of moving in another element, like a kid on a water slide.

Until last year, I thought I was the only one aware of this tree. And then one day, in a fit of spring madness, I set out with pruner and lopper to remove a few errant branches. No sooner had I arrived under its boughs than neighbors opened their windows and stepped onto their porches. These were people I barely knew and seldom spoke to, but it was as if I had come unbidden into their personal gardens.

My mobile-home neighbor was the first to speak. "You're not cutting it down, are you?" Another neighbor winced as I lopped off a branch. "Don't kill it, now," he cautioned. Soon half the neighborhood had joined me under the apple arbor. It struck me that I had lived there for five years and only now was learning these people's names, what they did for a living and how they passed the winter. It was as if the old apple tree gathering us under its boughs for the dual purpose of acquaintanceship and shared wonder. I couldn't help recalling Robert Frost's words:

The trees that have it in their pent-up buds
To darken nature and be summer woods

One thaw led to another. Just the other day I saw one of my neighbors at the local store. He remarked how this recent winter had been especially long and lamented not having seen or spoken at length to anyone in our neighborhood. And then, recouping his thoughts, he looked at me and said, "We need to prune that apple tree again."

【More Than Words】Kevin Kern 鋼琴精選專輯(2002)
來源: Justaddmusic 於

所有跟帖: 

很優美。但裏麵有好幾處語法語意用詞的錯誤。讀了第一段就看出來不是Robert Frost寫的。 -假糊塗- 給 假糊塗 發送悄悄話 (80 bytes) () 04/10/2013 postreply 09:05:55

Mr.Smart對Robert Frost的作品了如指掌,感謝你的指正,是我的誤載,特此更正如下,因為無法修改標題。 -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (146 bytes) () 04/10/2013 postreply 20:31:01

更正:美文:A Spring Thaw Under the Apple Tree作者:Robert Klose -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (197 bytes) () 04/10/2013 postreply 20:32:03

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!