回複:SFH is a solution

來源: Slothehz002 2012-11-22 11:23:50 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1822 bytes)
回答: 一驚一乍的房東生活cultuslake2012-11-21 21:51:44

Multi-Family building is at very high risk and high cost even though it appears to be good cash flow. It's a wrong perception to view multi-unit as cash flow property without taking the following as consideration:

1) The location is not diversified as mentioned in this posting.

2) Hight Management cost with frequent attention from the owner.

3) High maintenance cost due to over-crowded occupancies and high frequent use/abuse of facilities.

4) High turnover rate. Tenants come and go on frequent basis. It's very costly to change tenants and it eats up the profit easily.

5) High Licensing cost and taxes.It's also additional cost to be compiant with laws, city code and regulation.

I owned some multi-family units in the past. I can definitely feel what you feel. I finally decided to get rid them and adjusted my strategy. I want to share this lesson learnt for your consideration.

My suggestion to this problem is to put this property on the market for sale. Since you have all units occupied, it's good to convince potentials buyers of being interested. I understand that you will take some loss but it's worth it with the following strategy:

1) SFH is the best option for real property investment since it overcomes the most drawbacks mentioned above.

2) SFH is traditionally considered as low cash flow income property. No any more in the recent years of market condition. I made SFH with gross 15%+ cap rate while the traditional SFH gross cap rate was around 5%-7%.

3) Interest rate is so low. The money is "free". Get rid of the property with negative cash flow and buy SFH in diversified locations to balance the risk.

I just mentioned a few points here. I will offer more suggestions as needed.

Good luck!

所有跟帖: 

thanks for the comments -cultuslake- 給 cultuslake 發送悄悄話 cultuslake 的博客首頁 (478 bytes) () 11/22/2012 postreply 11:40:45

回複:thanks for the comments -Slothehz002- 給 Slothehz002 發送悄悄話 Slothehz002 的博客首頁 (625 bytes) () 11/22/2012 postreply 12:31:40

Where do I find the high cap rate SFHs? -cultuslake- 給 cultuslake 發送悄悄話 cultuslake 的博客首頁 (464 bytes) () 11/22/2012 postreply 14:39:46

ding --企鵝-- 給 -企鵝- 發送悄悄話 -企鵝- 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2012 postreply 11:59:47

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”