I expected you'd come up with such a question.

來源: 北京二號 2011-03-05 12:35:57 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1439 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 北京二號 ] 在 2011-03-07 10:29:03 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: Very good reflectionselfselfself2011-03-05 11:57:40

As a matter of fact, I did.

It was not that I didn't have struggles. I knew I am way too OOOOLD, considering to improve a foreign language to some unreasonable level. However, like with a spouse or a coworker, most of the times with our own 'defects', we have to "step back", rather than moving forward and force the other party to retreat. Or in an other word, we should learn to live with it. Only so, a win-win situation can be achieved.

I liked Cinsia's line in "The Snow of Kilimanjaro". She says: (I'm not trying to be a writer, nor a painter, nor a singer ...) "I am only trying to be happy." When a person feels happy about doing something, (and she is making her closest ones happy in the mean time), why should she change her style of living so to follow the social (e.g. others') standards? The world won't be different with one fewer top scientist or business woman, but myself and my family would feel so much less happy without having a me the way I am right now. :-)

Plus, I don't think the first class researchers are all, always, doing the world good. Think about the examples Hamming used in his speech. -- Certainly, I understand that people are born different, men and women are different, each individual is a different animal. And it is the very difference among us all that makes the world rich, and beautiful.

所有跟帖: 

Learned, thanks -selfselfself- 給 selfselfself 發送悄悄話 selfselfself 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/05/2011 postreply 17:05:58

回複:Learned, thanks -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (1297 bytes) () 03/05/2011 postreply 20:05:33

Thanks again for your insight -selfselfself- 給 selfselfself 發送悄悄話 selfselfself 的博客首頁 (328 bytes) () 03/05/2011 postreply 21:08:14

LOL -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/05/2011 postreply 21:14:05

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”