回複:Learned, thanks

來源: 北京二號 2011-03-05 20:05:33 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1297 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 北京二號 ] 在 2011-03-07 10:29:03 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: Learned, thanksselfselfself2011-03-05 17:05:58

I submitted the last message in a hurry. Had hesitated a bit, but still decided to complete it.

It probably isn't late at all for you to "finally" find this piece of gold till recently. Such things usually happen at the point you need it the most. And they come to you only when you have already realized something pretty close, when you are ready to accept it, for otherwise even if they walk to your door, you still won't be able to recognize them, not even to say to treasuree them. I always wondered if this too is one of nature's law.

There is a book by Stephen Covey, which I think you pretty much have already read but just in case, I'd like to mention here. The name of the book is "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". In it the author looks at things from a more microscopic view. I feel it complements Hamming's speech.

Besides, there is yet some other comments of my own that I'd like to make. If you want to pursue something, don't try to hold it too tight. The bigger the goal, the easier and more relaxed you should keep yourself. Just work on it, live with all the pain, and joy. And then one day, in a big surprise, you notice that you are already there.

And you will be there, brother!

所有跟帖: 

Thanks again for your insight -selfselfself- 給 selfselfself 發送悄悄話 selfselfself 的博客首頁 (328 bytes) () 03/05/2011 postreply 21:08:14

LOL -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/05/2011 postreply 21:14:05

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”