I recommend you to read another book.

來源: hammerheadshark 2012-08-29 21:25:18 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2718 bytes)

I did not finish reading The Gate House. It is sickeningly, dreadfully thick. It took me a lot of courage and will to read it.  Unfortunately, I stopped after reading 150 pages.  I was terribly bored and could not believe a guy with a seemingly normal mental health could babble on and on, about his ex-wife who was having sex with someone else, someone he knew.

If you have read the book this far and take some time translating some of its dreary languages, you are my heroine.

Let me tell you a fun book: Shameless by Karen Robards.

The story was about a lady who had bad reputation for chickening out at her wedding days and she did it twice. The background was set at eighteenth century. And if a lady failed to show up on her wedding, it was considered a scandal, because she had brought humiliation to both families.  That was why the book was titled “shameless”. Of course, a woman can do anything today, even walking bare-breasted on the street, no big deal.

Anyway, the story started on her third wedding and she wanted to pull off the stunt again! But this time, not that easy. Her would-be hu*****and, when was told her intention to break up, was so furious that he was trying to rape her in an attempt to make sure the wedding would go on as scheduled. Thus, this couple were wrestling in a ball room with no one else present, one bent on raping, the other determined to protect virginity, when one cold-blooded, but handsome assassin was hiding behind the curtain, accidentally witnessing the whole scene.... Of course, staring at a woman’s breasts surreptitiously was not what the assassin was there for, but when he saw a half-naked woman fighting against a man, he changed his mind, and one thing led to another, he started helping her.... Interested now? Go get the book.

所有跟帖: 

Very impressive! Appreciate your good sense of humor!Good day!:) -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/30/2012 postreply 03:07:42

雙棰鯊魚兄的寫得真好,流暢漂亮。學習了。請多寫。有一問題請教鯊魚兄 -midnightblue- 給 midnightblue 發送悄悄話 (270 bytes) () 08/30/2012 postreply 10:01:48

To tell you the truth, -hammerheadshark- 給 hammerheadshark 發送悄悄話 (124 bytes) () 08/30/2012 postreply 16:17:39

I did a bit of research on google, -hammerheadshark- 給 hammerheadshark 發送悄悄話 (81 bytes) () 08/30/2012 postreply 16:24:54

謝謝鯊魚兄解惑! -midnightblue- 給 midnightblue 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/30/2012 postreply 16:37:30

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”