諷刺小說翻譯練習

來源: sportwoman 2012-08-11 11:55:27 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (6747 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ sportwoman ] 在 2012-08-12 16:48:02 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

選段。 不明白 no shit如何翻,各位老師請指教!

1) I said to Anthony, "Your father was a very charismatic man, and very persuasive," Plus, he was screwing my wife so he could get to me through her, though I didn't know that at the time. And I don't think Susan knew that, either. She probably thought that Frank was interested only in her.  In fact, Frank was partly motivated by the convenience of pillow talk with his attorney's wife, not to mention the thrill of screwing an uppity society *****.  我跟安東尼說:“你父親是很有魅力的一個人,非常有說服力,”加上此人與我老婆通過奸,並通過她來認識我,盡管我當時並不知情。我不認為蘇珊(我老婆)當時也知道這事。她很可能認為法蘭克僅僅情迷於她而已。 (事實上法蘭克某程度上是出於能與他代表律師的妻子枕邊話的方便動機,)更勿論與這個傲慢自大的名流蕩婦苟且帶來的刺激。

改良:事實某種程度上法蘭克跟我老婆打情罵俏悄悄話中已經占盡便宜,更無論

2I informed him, "I took eight years of Latin, and I could read Cicero, Seneca, and Ovid in classical Latin." 我對他說“我花了8年時間學習拉丁語,我能讀懂西塞羅語,塞涅卡語,和古拉丁奧維語。”

"no shit?""當真?" 

3 "Then, in my senior year of college, I got hit in the head with a ba*****all, and now I can read only Italian" “然後我在大學高年班的時候被棒球擊中了腦門,現在隻能讀懂意大利語了”

4I wonder if she (my mother) ever understood the irony of her calling me a son of a ***** 我不知道她(我媽)是否明白她管我叫狗娘養的/狗崽子的諷刺意味。

5One should never arrive empty-handed when paying visit, of course, but I never know what to bring except for wine, and that wouldn't be appropriate for this occasion; likewise, flowers might seem premature.  當然,去探訪時不能兩手空空吧,但除了酒我真不知道該帶點什麽了,而且酒不適合這個場合吧(作者要去探望的是一個垂死病人,作者老家仆),同樣,帶鮮花未免為時過早。

6He was talking on his cell phone, holding it in his left hand, so that his right hand was free to nibble fried wontons or pull his gun. 他此刻正用左手托著手機講電話,這樣他可以騰出右手來抓炸餛飩吃,或,拔槍。

所有跟帖: 

一孔之見,no shit 翻得到位。 -midnightblue- 給 midnightblue 發送悄悄話 (113 bytes) () 08/11/2012 postreply 13:28:47

謝謝!:D 這句我隻用狗狗翻譯。書名:The Gate House by Nelsib DeMile大減價時買的。 -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/11/2012 postreply 13:35:18

剛才我問了一個朋友說一本書,如果別人認為隻是有點好笑我卻感覺很好笑,那麽我是笑點高還是低?他說我:“低俗” -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (116 bytes) () 08/11/2012 postreply 13:33:18

你的朋友多說了一個字。 -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (384 bytes) () 08/11/2012 postreply 17:07:02

多謝二姐解疑! 你的翻譯很到位。現在我的能力欣賞不了有史學價值和文學價值的名著。不過我會努力嚐試的,二姐多多指教呀!:D -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/11/2012 postreply 18:00:49

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”