My translation:

來源: NewVoice 2011-08-22 16:11:07 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3090 bytes)

Appointed as the commander-in-chief

George Washington

You may trust me, and I solemnly swear that I did not seek this appointment at all, but tried my best and used every means to avoid it, not only because I don’t want to separate from you and the family, but also because I know so well that it is beyond my ability to take on such a great responsibility. Furthermore, if I have to be away from home for decades to search for happiness in the distance future, I would rather be with you at home for a month to be truly happy. But destiny has bestowed on me this mission; I hope that I was assigned to take this task to make some accomplishments.

I trust God, who always protect me and bless me, and I believe strongly that I will return to you safely in the fall. I don’t feel sorry for the hardness and dangers of the mission; what make me feel sad is that I know that you will be alone at home, feeling anxious and worried. Therefore, I ask you to build up your courage, and try to live happily. There is nothing else that makes me happier than hearing the news of your well being, especially from your own writings.

受命統率全軍
            喬治·華盛頓

你可以相信我,我極其莊嚴地向你保證我根本沒有追求過這項任命,而是竭盡全力,千方百計地回避它。這不僅是因為我不願意同你以及全家人分別,而且因為我深知責任重大,非我力所能及。另外,倘若我出門數十載尋求前景非常遙遠的幸福,那還比不上在家中與你相聚一個月那樣真正幸福。但是,既然命運已賦予我這個使命,我希望,安排我來承擔這個任務是為了使我有所建樹。……

我將信賴一直保佑我和降福於我的上帝,深信到秋天我將平安地回到你的身邊。對出征所帶來的艱辛和危險,我不會感到痛苦,使我難過的是我知道你獨自一人留在家中必然感到焦慮不安。因此,我懇求你鼓起全部勇氣,盡量愉快地過日子.沒有什麽比聽到你過得愉快的消息--並且是從你的筆下聽到這消息,能使我感到更大的欣慰了.

所有跟帖: 

My dictation: -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (1934 bytes) () 08/22/2011 postreply 16:58:51

昨天讀覺得姐姐翻得真好,今天再讀看到了磚頭 -lmao- 給 lmao 發送悄悄話 (561 bytes) () 08/23/2011 postreply 22:48:02

Thanks! I can always count on you for a few bricks! -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (654 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 03:57:56

第二個和第三個 -lmao- 給 lmao 發送悄悄話 (563 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 08:06:50

I learned a lot. Thanks! sis. -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 09:56:37

Co: I learned a lot. Thanks! sis. -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/25/2011 postreply 19:57:06

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”