我的作業

來源: EnLearner 2011-06-29 21:15:46 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (14105 bytes)

聲明:今天的作業是在用 Google Language Tool 翻譯(附在底下)的基礎上整理出來的。

一定有無數的美國人也對他們的長相感到有一種疏離感,但每個人的原因卻又各不相同。舉個例子,我是韓國移民的後裔,但我卻不會說我父母的母語(即韓語)。我也從來沒有用諸如“大哥”和“大姐”等恰當的敬語來稱呼我的長輩們。我沒跟韓國女性約過會,甚至連個韓國朋友都沒有。雖然我的身份是移民,我卻從來沒有想過像一個移民那樣努力地奮鬥。

我是亞裔美國人,用帶點嘲弄意味的說法就是香蕉或者奶油蛋糕(外黃內白)。雖然我並不認為一個人的種族出身就會決定他的一切,但我相信對各個種族的成見已經深深地植入了我們的思想裏,我們靠它來區分在茫茫人海中遇到的不同麵孔。盡管在很多方麵,我已經沒了什麽亞洲人的特點,但我確實長著一張亞洲人的臉。

There must be countless Americans who have a sense of alienation about their looks and each has his or her own reasons. For example, I am a descendant of Korean immigrants, but I do not speak my parents' native language, i.e. Korean.  I have never used appropriate honorific like "Big Brother" or "Big Sister" to refer to my elders.  I have never ever dated a Korean woman or even had a Korean friend.  Though I am an immigrant,  it has never come to my mind that I will work really hard as an immigrant is supposed to. 

I am an Asian American, or in a little mockery way, a banana or cream cake (yellow  outside and white inside).    Although I do not think that a person's life is all determined by his or her ethnic origin, I do believe that the sterotypes of all races have been deeply implanted in our minds.  We use those stereotypes to distinguish different faces we have seen in our life.  In many way, I do not have the characteristics of an Asian, but I do have a face of an Asican.

==============================================================================

Chinese to English translation by Google Language Tool

There must be countless Americans feel about their looks there is a sense of alienation, but the reason everyone but different. For example, I am a descendant of Korean immigrants, but I would not say my parents' native language (ie Korean). I have never used such as "Big Brother" and "sister" and other appropriate honorific to refer to my elders. I have not had with Korean women will be about, not even a Korean friend at all. Although my identity is immigration, but I never thought as hard as an immigrant struggle.

I am Asian American, with a little mockery, or mean to say is banana cream cake (yellow outside and white inside). Although I do not think a person's ethnic origin will determine his all, but I believe the stereotypes of all races have been deeply implanted in our minds, we relied on to distinguish in the vast sea face different face. Although in many ways, what I have not the characteristics of Asians, but I really long with an Asian face.

所有跟帖: 

Prof. Yu, good work, except:: -lmao- 給 lmao 發送悄悄話 (227 bytes) () 06/29/2011 postreply 21:30:47

You meant the typo? -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (28 bytes) () 06/29/2011 postreply 21:49:38

yes. haha. Also the "a littley mokery way" is a little bit stran -lmao- 給 lmao 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/01/2011 postreply 07:13:04

"in a little mockery way" was simply a shot in the dark -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (192 bytes) () 07/01/2011 postreply 21:12:05

愚公翻得好! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/29/2011 postreply 22:14:22

Google Language tool 翻譯的還挺接近的: -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (813 bytes) () 06/30/2011 postreply 03:47:43

Agreed. Thanks! -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/30/2011 postreply 20:14:16

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”