趁娃睡覺也交上作業

來源: 非文學青年 2011-06-20 13:35:23 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (20233 bytes)

一個早上要接受這麽多壞消息真夠人受的。但是我知道比爾和我必須繼續我們每天的生活。西翼的工作人員不知所措地走來走去,小聲地對著手機嘀咕,關起門來竊 竊私語。向白宮的工作人員保證我們會處理這次危機,並準備像以前那樣反擊,這很重要。我知道所有人都會以我為榜樣去做。對我和周圍的人來說最有利的做法就 是穩步前進。我本來可以花更多時間為我的第一次露麵作準備,但不行。那天下午,按照計劃我要去古徹學院發表一次有關民權的演講,這是應我們的老朋友泰勒. 布蘭奇的邀請。因為我不想讓學院或者泰勒——他的妻子就為我工作——失望,我趕到聯合車站,搭上了去巴爾的摩的火車

To receive so many pieces of bad news within one morning was more than I could handle. But I knew Bill and I must continue our everyday life. The West Wing staff members were wandering aimlessly, whispering on the phone, or talking behind closed doors. It was of great importance to ensure the White House staff that we would deal this crisis and plan on fighting back like before. I knew all of them would follow my lead.  For me and those around me, the solution to our best advantage is to make steady progress. I could have spent some more time preparing my first public appearance, but I couldn’t. That afternoon, I was scheduled to give a speech on civil rights at Gouche? Institute, at our old friend Tyler Blanche’s invitation. As I didn’t want to disappoint the institute or Tyler, whose wife worked for me, I rushed to the Union Station and boarded on the train to Baltimore.

所有跟帖: 

我給78分。To receive so many pieces of bad news減10分。還有。。。 -DrunkerKickass- 給 DrunkerKickass 發送悄悄話 (230 bytes) () 06/20/2011 postreply 22:19:30

謝謝!第一句很敗,翻得有臭又長。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (48 bytes) () 06/20/2011 postreply 22:24:34

"so many pieces of bad news" 雖然長但語法是對的。 you can use "a lot of ne -tern2- 給 tern2 發送悄悄話 tern2 的博客首頁 (167 bytes) () 06/21/2011 postreply 07:15:15

Thank you very much! 終於還算有明眼人,嗬嗬。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2011 postreply 07:22:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”