回複:回複:回複:

來源: needhelph4 2003-10-31 19:57:00 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3041 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ needhelph4 ] 在 2004-02-03 07:11:51 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 回複:Don't worry,needhelph42003-10-31 14:16:00
Thanks so much for the reply.
To answer your questions first.
They do share some kind of database that all visa officers can browse. I was kind of given my data sheet during my interview in Beijing. When I showed that sheet to the visa officer in Mexico, he said that he could browse all these information. It has the date of your last interview, what type of visa, and place. The important thing is that there is a brief summary on why your visa was denied. Just a one-sentence summary. I don’t remember anything else important. I believe the data center should be in Washington.
The VO in Mexico was able to find the email of the Beijing officer who interviewed me after I gave him first name. So he sent email to inquire about my case. (He couldn’t call because of the time difference). The Beijing officer didn’t reply the 2nd day or never reply his email. So the Mexico official just called someone in Washington and made the decision to ask me to go back to the states and wait for security check.
According to the visa officer in Mexico, (he is reasonably nice), security check expires 90 days after application. (NOT 90 days after the approval.) So, though I passed the security check in Beijing half year ago, I need to do security check again. It took 2 months to finish my security check. Another visa officer told me that the security check is faster now. I don’t know whether I can trust these words. Anyhow, the 2nd day after approval of my security check, they called me and asked me to mail my passport and stamped visa and mailed it back to me. I stayed in Mexico for 2 days. Meanwhile, I revisited the visa officer multi times. The security guards just let me in when I showed the application files and explained my reasons. This is a big difference from what we know in Beijing. The first thing that the visa officer in Beijing did was accusing me of lying. Then I showed him hard evidence that I had always been honest, he dodged my rebuttal by saying it doesn’t matter who was right or wrong… What an arrogant bastard!
Overall, the visa officers Mexico consulate are nice but you might not be able to avoid the security check. Though I don’t speak Spanish, I’d rather get stuck in Mexico than in Beijing, where I lived for 7 years.
Well, I don’t know how to calculate the loss from the troubled visa application of my wife. If she cant come to the states this year, I have to pay higher tax; we have to pay out of states tuition for her later for a longer time; and I am paying 1000 (out of my own pocket) to renew H1 through premium service... Most of all, it is suffer of being separated from the loved. If only I could find someone to help, 2000 really aint so bad. Anyhow, I was never so emotional during interview, neither was my wife. After all, we still need their cooperation.
I do have a very good immigration lawyer in the states. She is nice and knowledgeable. But she has no clue on what phone number she can call in Beijing embassy.
Good luck on your visa and happy Halloween.

所有跟帖: 

May I ask what kind of job -youdo?- 給 youdo? 發送悄悄話 (275 bytes) () 10/31/2003 postreply 22:54:00

回複:May I ask what kind of job -needhelph4- 給 needhelph4 發送悄悄話 (695 bytes) () 11/01/2003 postreply 10:01:00

thanks and good luck to your -family!!- 給 family!! 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/01/2003 postreply 13:54:00

回複:回複:回複:回複: -goagain!!!- 給 goagain!!! 發送悄悄話 (1037 bytes) () 11/01/2003 postreply 10:36:00

回複:回複:回複:回複:回複: -needhelph4- 給 needhelph4 發送悄悄話 (1118 bytes) () 11/01/2003 postreply 19:53:00

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”