It is a great opportunity. You must have done sth very well. Con

1. find out why they can't fire that manager. Or do they have plan to fire him. this is critical in teh way you are going to treat this manager. Talk with each sr. manager who may be involved in this, your big boss in particular. Find out what was wrong and see if he has any suggestions or recommendations. Let him know that you will think of a plan and discuss with him again.

2. it seems the team is not very motivated, and not happy with the former manager. So that former manager would not be a big trouble for you. If you can't fire him, just leave him alone to do anything he wants. you can have many ways to build up trust with your team. I would first to schedule one-one with each of the team members. I like undergrads. They are the most energetic and ambitious employees you can have. All they need are opportunities to prove themselves and a clear path of career movement, and expereinces. So find out what they want first. Then have a follow-up meeting with everyone to make a career dev. plan for each. Once they see their needs being addressed, they are ready to go.

3. You need to have full support from upper management to reorg your group as you need it. Also, need business critical projects for your team members to show their capability. test-drive your team first, when you think they are ready, with small but important tasks. If the results are satisfactory, You can bring this up with big boss asking for more significant projects.

Just my 2 cents.

所有跟帖: 

頂! -驢驢- 給 驢驢 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/08/2010 postreply 08:29:24

我錯了,你是左手比右手快。 -吃糖?- 給 吃糖? 發送悄悄話 (158 bytes) () 04/08/2010 postreply 08:39:23

非常感謝,對我而言,都是金玉良言。 -化雨- 給 化雨 發送悄悄話 (1707 bytes) () 04/08/2010 postreply 09:07:59

到單位這樣寫好了 -吃糖?- 給 吃糖? 發送悄悄話 (150 bytes) () 04/08/2010 postreply 10:18:56

haha, sorry,一股腦寫了也沒來得及看看就發了,結果想改也改不了 -化雨- 給 化雨 發送悄悄話 (26 bytes) () 04/08/2010 postreply 18:40:35

seems like you are on the right track -Cathy_Bay- 給 Cathy_Bay 發送悄悄話 Cathy_Bay 的博客首頁 (1021 bytes) () 04/08/2010 postreply 11:43:58

萬分感激 -化雨- 給 化雨 發送悄悄話 (80 bytes) () 04/08/2010 postreply 18:46:24

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!