回複:Value generation, Core competence, Your development

回答: Is this an opportunity?xc082009-09-18 17:05:10

Thanks man. These are very solid points.

This BU contributes a tiny portion to the Corp (1%) but still much bigger than many NASDAQ listed companies. It is profitable and has a dominant position in a billion dollar market. It also has the potential to become more dominant in this market and therefore add incremental rev/profit to the Corp. But still the impact will be neglegible. In sum, it is not a key contributor but could be a growth engine on a relatively tiny scale. So on your first criteria, this is a neutral opportunity.

Regarding skill sets, I can develop management skill (6 analysts report to this position), business analysis (finance,marketing,sales,ops) and initiate changes (at least it is their expectation). These skills will help build a solid foundation for me to grow into a CFO of a BU of this size in the long run (this is my wild dream, save your bricks please :)). On my current job, I can develop project management and financial analysis skills but nothing else. So on your second criteria, it is a big plus for me.

Man, you are good. You helped me focus on the major stuff and think it through. Thanks a ton!

Any suggestions on the relatively minor but still pretty practical issues? For example:

What my current bosses would do if I apply but failed? I'll let them know when I apply and I need recommendation letter from them.

On con for the job is much lower visibility. Currently I send email/reports to Corp CEO/CFO and work with (actually tell them to do things) 1st level BU directors on projects I lead. On this job, I'll deal with analysts at 3rd level BU on projects and report to director at 3rd level BU. What's your thoughts on this?

所有跟帖: 

Getting current bosses blessing to switch -Easy.Spin- 給 Easy.Spin 發送悄悄話 Easy.Spin 的博客首頁 (1276 bytes) () 09/18/2009 postreply 19:04:01

Awesome point...never thought this before...wow -xc08- 給 xc08 發送悄悄話 (539 bytes) () 09/18/2009 postreply 19:52:10

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!