How to work with project leader

來源: Cathy_bay 2009-02-10 16:05:55 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1469 bytes)
I am a team member on a major project. In fact, I initiated the project last year, but a sr person becomes the leader. However, I have to propose strategy and execution plan for him and all he did was to present to others and make it appear to be his ideas. We had some very surprising and positive results end of last year. Both of us were excited. However, because of funding issue, that part of the project is put on hold forever. I kinda blame him for not able to sell the project to sr management and was not able to couter-argue some key points and make the project fail.

Now I start working on another element of the project. He wants to get some good results. But after several meetings with other sr members, it appears to me that it will be tough to move this part forward either. So I asked him for clarification of his strategy and plan. He practically told me there is none but keep working on it. when results are good we will make proposal. This is exactly the same deal as last year. I told him it is a waste of time if there is no path forward and I can make better use of my time. He got mad of cause and accused me of not willing to do job.

How do you deal with a leader who can't lead and can't sell. He is very sensitive to his leadership in this project. So he tried to keep me out of the loop but still need me for actual work and novel ideas to move it further. I do not want to work with him any more. How do I get out of it?

所有跟帖: 

Ask him for the guideline of the project and cc his boss -dick哥- 給 dick哥 發送悄悄話 (368 bytes) () 02/10/2009 postreply 16:50:21

回複:Ask him for the guideline of the project and cc his boss -cathy_bay- 給 cathy_bay 發送悄悄話 (486 bytes) () 02/10/2009 postreply 18:37:24

You might be a little too aggressive.... -Kaolin007- 給 Kaolin007 發送悄悄話 (597 bytes) () 02/11/2009 postreply 09:57:46

You are right. -Cathy_bay- 給 Cathy_bay 發送悄悄話 (555 bytes) () 02/11/2009 postreply 17:34:44

good luck -Kaolin007- 給 Kaolin007 發送悄悄話 (117 bytes) () 02/11/2009 postreply 19:45:23

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”