go for this job: 55,000.00 to 60,000.00/hour.
- Specimen handling, storage, preservation and identification
- Embeds, Sections, stains and coverslips tissue for examination by pathologist.
- Prepares stains, buffers and other solutions to be used in test procedures for immunohistochemistry and histochemical staining.
- Perform quality control tests on positive and negative control slides. Monitor and replace control slides when appropriate.
- Properly accession, manage shipping of samples to pathologist and prepare presentations
- Communication with pathologist regarding histological processing problems.
- Performs tissue processing protocols, quality assessment/control documents on appropriate logs.
- Performs duties in a proper and timely manner.
- H&E and Giemsa staining using by hand.
- Daily maintenance of all buffers, reagents and slides
- Minimum of one year working lab experience in GLP/GCLP compliance
- Ensuring a safe environment in the lab according to OSHA standards (i.e. changing fume hood filters, safety glasses, gloves, etc.)
- Have a strong knowledge in IHC validation
Ideal candidate will be meet the following requirements:
- Be a certified histotechnician, or
- Be a graduate of a histology technician program and possess a bachelor's degree
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /hour