2007 (117)
2008 (77)
2014 (56)
2019 (1)
2020 (3)
卡裏·紀伯倫(Kahlil Gibran)是黎巴嫩阿拉伯詩人、作家、畫家。被稱為“藝術天才”、“黎巴嫩文壇驕子”,是阿拉伯現代小說、藝術和散文的主要奠基人,20世紀阿拉伯新文學道路的開拓者之一。其主要作品蘊含了豐富的社會性和東方精神,不以情節為重,旨在抒發豐富的情感。
On Children孩子
Kahlil Gibran
(黎巴嫩) 紀伯倫
冰心譯
Your children are not your children.
你們的孩子都不是你們的孩子。
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
乃是生命為自己所渴望的兒女。
They come through you but not from you,
他們是憑借你們而來,卻不是從你們而來。
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
他們雖和你們同在,卻不屬於你們。
You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
你們可以給他們以愛,卻不可給他們以思想。
For they have their own thoughts.
因為他們有自己的思想。
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
你們可以蔭庇他們的身體,卻不能蔭庇他們的靈魂。
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
因為他們的靈魂,是住在明日的宅中,那是你們在夢中也不能想見的。
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
你們可以努力去模仿他們,卻不能使他們來象你們。
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
因為生命是不倒行的,也不與昨日一同停留。
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
你們是弓,你們的孩子是從弦上發出的生命的箭矢。
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
那射者在無窮之中看定了目標,也用神力將你們引滿,使他的箭矢迅速而遙遠地射了出去。
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
讓你們在射者手中的彎曲成為喜樂罷;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
因為他愛那飛出的箭,也愛了那靜止的弓。
Do not assume you know the intention of the divine."