個人資料
笑比哭好 (熱門博主)
  • 博客訪問:
正文

《紙牌屋》第一季台詞精選70句

(2014-03-12 08:20:28) 下一個

轉載

《紙牌屋》第一季台詞精選70句

2014-02-23 整理/劉建輝 薦讀

我的朋友劉建輝辛苦整理了《紙牌屋》第一季裏的精彩台詞,發在他的公眾號:“美麗英語”裏,由點擊文尾的“閱讀原文”可關注它,這是一個學習、交流英語的地方。

我個人最近一直在追的美劇除了《紙牌屋》,還有《疑犯追蹤》、《機器之心》、《醜聞》。

如果你已讀過,不妨再讀一遍。

 

1. There are two kinds of pain.The sort of pain that makes you strong or useless pain...The sort of pain that's only suffering.

痛苦分兩種,一種讓你變得更強,另一種毫無價值,隻是徒添折磨。

2. And a person's character isn't determined by how he or she enjoys vitory,but rather how he or she endures defeat.

一個人的品行,不取決於這人如何享受勝利,而在於這人如何忍受失敗。

3. Power's a lot like real estate.It's all about location, location, location.The closer you are to the source,the higher your property value.

權力就像房地產,位置是所有的一切,你離中心越近,你的財產就越值錢。

4.He chose money over power--In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes. Money is the McMansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after ten years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries.

為了錢而放棄權力,這個城市裏幾乎人人都犯了這個錯。金錢是薩拉索塔的巨無霸豪宅,保質期就隻有十年,權力是古老的石砌建築,能屹立數百年。

5. Don't play dumb with me.

別跟我裝傻.

6. What are we supposed to do in the face of so much senseless pain? And he said to me,"What else can we do but take what seems meaningless and try to make something meaningful from it?"

在這些無意義痛苦麵前,我們該怎麽做?他告訴我:“除了從無意義的事中,盡力挖掘出一些有意義的東西,我們還能做什麽呢?”

7. Of course we should enjoy our success and be grateful for it. But never let your gratitude sour into pride.

我們當然應該享受成功並心懷感激,但千萬不要讓感激變為驕傲。

8. Nothing can help us endure dark times better than our faith.

沒什麽比信仰更能支撐我們度過艱難時光了。

9. What is faith? If it doesn't endure when we are tested the most?

信仰是什麽?不就是在考驗最嚴峻時依舊能堅持到底嗎?

10. How is it the world keeps spinning and you manage to stay ahead of it?

為何世界瞬息萬變,你卻總能走在前麵?

11.You are never to dictate what I can and cannot do. The only two words I want to hear from you when I ask you to do something are "Yes" and "Sir."

我能做什麽不能做什麽,你管不著。我吩咐你做事的時候,隻想聽到兩個詞,"是的"和"先生"。

12.I almost pity him. He didn't choose to be put on my platter.When I carve him up and toss him to the dogs,only then will he confront that brutal inescapable truth.

我幾乎要可憐他了。他也不想做我的盤中肉。等到我把他剁碎了喂狗,他才會承認那殘忍的難以逃避的真相。

13. You can't just roll up on my property and act like you own it.

你休想跑到我家來還擺出一副你的地盤的樣子.

14. Most politicians are permanently chained to that slogan...family values.But when you cozy up to hookers and I find out,I will make that hypocrisy hurt.

"家庭價值",大多數政客終生都被這句口號所束縛。要是你和妓女廝混,被我發現,你就得為這份虛偽付出代價。

15.You've been with older men before? Then you know they hurt you, and after they hurt you,they discard you.

你以前和老男人處過,那你該知道他們會傷害你,然後將你遺棄。

16.I don't use people unless I can throw them away afterwards.I'm trying to strengthen our partnership.

我不會利用我事後不能甩開的人,我是在強化我們之間的合作關係。

17. Any kid who's made it from the streets of South Philly to the Capitol Rotunda is ambitious. We just need to tap into that, surround him with the best people and then build the machine and push the go button.

任何能從費城南部的大街上爬到國會圓形大廳的孩子都有野心。我們隻要激起這份野心,給他最優秀的人才,建立好團隊,就能勇往直前。

 

18. Where's the Pete Russo who knew how to throw a punch when his back was against the wall?

那個被逼入絕境也要誓死反抗的彼得·羅素哪去了?

 

19. We can't turn back time. We have to hold our ground.

時光不能倒流,我們必須堅守陣地。

 

20. I forced myself into a corner. Only total victory will put me back in his good graces. The alternative is exile.

我把自己逼到了牆角,隻有完勝才能讓我重獲他的青睞,否則就是出局。

 

21. From this moment on, you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.

從這一刻起,你就是一塊石頭,萬物不侵,一言不發,堅不可摧。

 

22. This is not a Hail Mary. I realize thatI sometimes think out of the box, but this is a well-thought-out game plan.

這不是聽天由命。我知道我有時會打破常規,但這是縝密思考過的一步棋。Hail Mary:(天主教)萬福馬利亞。

 

23. You do whatever you think best. But whatever it is you decide, be firm and stand up for yourself.

做你覺得最合適的事,但無論怎樣決定,一定要堅守自己的立場。

 

24. There's no better way to overpower a trickle of doubt than with a flood of naked truth.

打破疑慮最好的利器,莫過於赤裸裸的事實。

 

25. Do not start a war you know you're gonna lose.

別挑起一場你必輸的仗。

 

26. It's your call. I won't chase you.

決定權在你,我不會死皮賴臉地追你。

27. I love that woman. I love her more than sharks love blood.

我愛那個女人,甚於鯊魚愛鮮血。

28.Friends make the worst enemies.

(反目的)朋友是最可怕的敵人。

 

29.Patricia Whittaker, a rare example of some one whose head is in the game instead of up their backside. Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods.

帕特裏夏·惠特克,極少數用大腦而不是屁股思考的人。有能力勝任工作的人就像樹林中的奇異鳥類一樣稀少。

 

30.Proximity to power deludes some into believing they wield it.

接近權力讓一些人錯以為他們擁有權力。

 

31.She was never more than a faint blip on my radar. We've served each other's purpose.

她於我微若塵埃,我們互相利用。

 

32.A piece of advice as far as career strategies go: It's not worth fucking your way to the middle.

就職場策略而言,一點建議:為了一點點地位跟人上床不值得。

 

33.A great man once said that everything inlife is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.

一位偉人曾經說過,生活的一切都和性有關,除了性本身,性關乎權力。

 

34.Once someone is exposed, they're at yourmercy.

一旦你知道某些人所想的(所做的),他們就得聽你發落。

 

35.I said to my Professor, "Why mourn the death of Presidents, or anyone for that matter? The dead can't hear us.” And he asked me if I believed in heaven. I said no. And then he asked if I had no faith in God. I said, "You have it wrong.It's God who has no faith in us."

我問教授:“為什麽要悼念總統或死去的人呢?死人又聽不到。”他問我是否相信有天堂。

我說不信。他又問我是否也不信上帝。我說:“你錯了,是上帝不信我們”。

 

36.Speculation is a poor form of investment and an equally poor form of politics.

推測不是一種好的投資方式,同樣也不是一種好的政治手段。

37.Get the fuck out of my face.

給我滾開。

38. You're an even bigger idiot than I thought you were.

你比我想像的還蠢。

39. Go. Before I get violent.

在我動手之前快滾!

40. I think you're an ungrateful, self-entitled little cunt.

你就是個忘恩負義、自以為是的小賤人!

41. I quit. Fuck that place. It was a prison. I'm free now.

我辭職了,去他媽的那個鬼地方,就是個監獄。現在我自由了。

42. If I was home and you pulled that shit, I'd beat the fuck out of you. I would crack your skull on the pavement.

如果是在我的家鄉,你給我來那套,我一定揍扁你,我會在人行道上敲碎你的腦殼。

43. He wants to rip my head off and peel it like an orange.

他恨不得擰斷我的頭,揭掉我的頭皮,像剝桔子一樣。

44. You're an idiot. You're full of shit.

你是個白癡,滿嘴胡話。

45. You fuck me, I fuck back.

你耍我, 我會還給你。

46. I never should've got mixed up with this fucking mess.

我就不該攪這趟渾水。

47. I won't let people like you fuck up the world my child has to live in.

我不會讓你這樣的人毀了我的孩子居住的世界。

48. All my friends are still fucked. And I'm still fucked.

我的朋友還是一團糟,我也還是一團糟。

49. He can go after me all he wants, but to go after my wife? No class.

他衝我怎麽來都可以,居然動我老婆?真下作!

50. Jesus Christ, you're fucking unbelievable.

上帝啊,你太不可理喻了。

51.There were a lot of others who proposed. But he was the only one who understood me. He didn't put me on some pedestal. He knew that I didn't want to be adored or coddled. So he took my hand and he put a ring on it.

很多人向我求婚,但他是唯一一個懂我的。他沒把我看作什麽女神,他知道我不想要崇拜或者溺愛。於是他拉起了我的手,為我戴上了戒指。

52.I envy your free spirit, and I'm attracted to it, but not all of us have that luxury.

我嫉妒你的自由精神並被它吸引,並不是所有人都有這福分。

53.I love your hair short.

我喜歡你短發的樣子。

54.You're having a moment.

你現在風頭正勁。

55.You're too smart to play dumb.

你太聰明,裝不了傻。

56.He's got potential. He's young. He'scapable. He's going places.

他有潛力,年輕,有能力,必有發展。

57.If you help me out, I'll give you everything I got.

如果你能幫我,我必傾盡全力。

58.Harmony, it's not about what's lasting or permanent. It is about individual voices coming together.

和諧,與持久或永恒無關,而是不同的聲音匯集在一起。

59.We may have our disagreements, but that doesn't mean we can't look out for each other.

雖然我們有分歧,但不代表我們不能互相照應。

 

60.Tusk understands the difference between power and money. He doesn't measure his wealth in private jets but purchased souls.

塔斯克理解權力和金錢之間的區別。他衡量財富的標準不是私人飛機,而是被收買的人心。

 

61.I don't shackle myself to people I don't know.

我不會把自己綁在我不了解的人身上。(shackle :v.給...戴上鐐銬;束縛)

 

62. Twitter, blogs, enriched media, they're all surface. They're fads.

推特、博客、泛濫的媒體,這些都太膚淺了,不過是曇花一現。(fad: 時尚;一時流行的狂熱)

 

63. I finally woke up to what my value is and how undervalued I was slaving away for you.

我終於意識到我的價值和過去為你賣命是多麽地屈才。

 

64.Name rings a bell.

名字有點耳熟。

 

65.I'll give you some privacy.

我讓你自己待會兒。

 

66.Everything hinges on the next few minutes.

接下來的幾分鍾將決定一切。

 

67.Has he been bad-mouthing me?

他有說我壞話嗎?

 

68. She's holding her cards very close to the chest.

她深藏不露。

 

69. You can live your life the way you want to. I'm done being told how to live mine.

你怎麽生活我不管,但也別來管我怎麽過。

 

70. Drive safely. No texting behind the wheel.

小心駕駛,莫發信息。

(來源:公眾號【美麗英語】,整理/劉建輝)


 

[ 打印 ]
閱讀 ()評論 (0)
評論
目前還沒有任何評論
登錄後才可評論.