The classic Martini is one of the drinks that every bartender should know. There are many ways to make a Martini: gin or vodka, little or no vermouth, stirred or shaken and an olive or lemon twist garnish. One drink, so many options.
Many other drinks are referred to as a Martini. Although this recipe is the original, we must go along with society in some respects and here are more of those Martini recipes. Ingredients:
• 2 1/2 oz gin
• 1/2 oz dry vermouth
• 1 green olive or lemon twist for garnish
• orange or Angostura bitters (optional) Preparation:
1. Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes.
2. Stir for 30 seconds.
3. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
4. Add a dash of orange or Angostura bitters if desired
5. Garnish with the olive or lemon twist.