職場美語:You Are What You Wear2(音頻文字)

來源: 紫君 2013-10-20 19:36:26 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3662 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 紫君 ] 在 2013-10-21 11:07:23 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
職場美語:You Are What You Wear 2(音頻文字)ZT

Cathy 跟同事Adam 正在討論,一個人的穿著是否會對他的精神狀態產生影響。Adam 說,

A:  Have you ever heard the saying, "clothes make the man"? It might be truer than we imagine.

C: When a police officer or firefighter puts on their uniform it must affect their psychology.  It probably gives them a sense of responsibility and authority.

A: Absolutely. When a judge puts on that heavy black robe it transmits an image of power, but it also serves as a reminder to the judge of the responsibility of their position.

C: I know when I'm wearing a nice suit I feel a lot more confident. If I'm going out for a night on the town and I'm all dressed up I feel a lot better about myself than if I was wearing jeans and a T-shirt.

英語裏有一種說法叫 clothes make the man. 相當於中文裏說的人靠衣服馬靠鞍。Adam 說,這句老話恐怕比我們想的更有道理。警察穿上警服,消防員穿上消防服,法官穿上黑色長袍,都會平添一種使命感和權威感,Cathy 說,她每次穿西裝,也會倍感自信,還說,晚上出去吃飯消遣時,如果 dressed up 精心打扮,就會自我感覺更好。Cathy說的, go out for a night on the town, 是一種固定說法,意思是出去吃飯,喝酒,看節目,消遣。

A: Yeah, I think everyone recognizes that part about the power of clothes....but that's not exactly why I wear a tie to work every day.

C: You wear it because you think it makes you smarter.

A: Yes. I think putting on a shirt and tie actually affects the way my brain works.

C: That's a very interesting concept!

A: My eyes look down and see what I'm wearing and my brain gets a reminder that I'm a businessman.... and I think the brain responds to expectations.

Adam 說,他每天都穿西裝打領帶,不是給別人看的,更多的是在提醒自己,隨時提醒自己是商界人士,這樣大腦就會做出反應,做出的事,說出的話都會更加得體。

C: It's kind of like an actor trying to play a role...you have to have the right costume!

A: I think that's a good way of expressing it! I'm sure it's much harder for actors and actresses to get into character before they put on the right costume.

C: Yeah....but after the clothes and the makeup go on, they look in the mirror and their brains are able to shift into the role.

A: The symbolic meaning of a tie is "business" and so for me it's an identifying symbol that I think affects both how others see me and how I see myself.

C: Interesting.....hmm.....maybe I should start wearing a suit.

這就跟演員穿上戲服,才能進入角色一樣。Adam 覺得,這樣比喻恰如其分,that's a good way of expressing it.  演員穿上戲服,化好妝,看著鏡子裏的自己,他們的大腦就會做出反應,help them to shift into the role. 幫他們進入角色。Adam 最後說,西裝領帶,對他來說就是一種定位的象征符號,不僅影響到別人對他的看法,也會影響到他自己的精神狀態。 Clothes make the man, 也可以說,you are what you wear, 人靠衣服馬靠鞍。

所有跟帖: 

人靠衣服馬靠鞍, 記住了!謝謝分享!新周快樂哈~ -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/21/2013 postreply 11:07:15

晚上好,謝留言。 -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/21/2013 postreply 21:26:24

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”