這位卡同學大大的表揚,因為他可能是目前唯一真正讀完這篇裹腳長文的同學:)

來源: lilac09 2010-05-27 14:12:38 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1744 bytes)
Thanks a lot for your encouraging feedback and interesting input. I also learned a lot when I was trying to interpret this episode. When I watch these popular sitcoms, I am not just trying to memory those idioms or slang, but I am also trying to follow the way that Americans banter or joke with each other.

This part is very subtle and elusive to grasp since we Chinese have been brought up in a totally different culture. We have our own way to express ourselves. It is hard for us to think or talk as Americans. That is why no matter how large vocabulary we have or how accurate our grammar is, we still somehow sound like speaking Chinglish.

Language and culture are inseparable. One can’t fully understand a culture without accessing its language. Same thing, one can’t master a language well without understanding its culture either. These two are complexly intertwined and evolved together.

So the natural way for one to learn English is from reading original English books, newspaper and magazines or watching English movies instead of being spoon-fed by single words or grammar. In this way, the word you learned has its context, its implication as well as its cultural subtlety. It is a whole package for us to take and digest.

I agree with you that Joey was plotting to bring Bob’s attention to Angela’s annoying sound to turn him down. I saw Bob frown at Angela’s chicken wings nibbling. Joey was cunning.

That “gentle cycle” line is very smart and funny. It also embodies American culture well, which teems with sexual innuendoes.

Also look forward to reading more of your witty and insightful articles.

"查泰萊夫人的情人" - 在俺們那兒曾一度淪為吸引農民工的三級片,哈

所有跟帖: 

You could have split the post to three parts thou -carpediem- 給 carpediem 發送悄悄話 carpediem 的博客首頁 (328 bytes) () 05/27/2010 postreply 15:14:14

That is funny.... -lilac09- 給 lilac09 發送悄悄話 lilac09 的博客首頁 (171 bytes) () 05/27/2010 postreply 16:59:57

誰說的,我是認真讀完的哦。 -灰衣人- 給 灰衣人 發送悄悄話 灰衣人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/27/2010 postreply 16:09:57

oops,忘算您了,也大大表揚一下灰同學 ;)~~~ -lilac09- 給 lilac09 發送悄悄話 lilac09 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/27/2010 postreply 16:53:32

灰哥哥,排排坐,吃果果 -carpediem- 給 carpediem 發送悄悄話 carpediem 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/27/2010 postreply 17:37:48

very well said! -好學又好問- 給 好學又好問 發送悄悄話 好學又好問 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/27/2010 postreply 18:46:36

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”