I bought a REO house 2.5 years ago at $58,000. The house got lot

來源: xiaofengjiayuan 2012-12-12 07:41:50 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1619 bytes)

I bought a REO house 2.5 years ago at $58,000. The house got lots of problems, but major one was foundation problem. I did not know anything about house. But i managed through it, i replaced foundation wall, completely remodel the bathroom, redo the drive way, recarpting all bed rooms, refinish all hardwood floors, repaint the house, replace almost all windows and doors, redo the yard.  I spent about $50,000 for remodeling and 3 very exhausted months. I was lucky that all contractors i found were very good.  One from Agent recommendation, The others i found from Angie's list (this is a good source to find good contractor), if you decide to do it, you have to apply a memership. 

The good thing about the hosue is that it sits in a very decent neighborhood, most housse around it worth $200K-$300K and several cost close to 500K or higher.  House itself has very good layout. I rented the house for about 2 years at rent of average $1100 per months. I recently listed the house for sale and got a offer of $133,000 but FHA loan. 

At that time. i worked for State goverment and got lots of free time, that i was able to do it. But i will not do this type of thing again now. Spent many time getting quote, interview contractors. you need good eyes to judge good contractor or bad contractor.

On last note, i asked many questions here before i purchased the hosue.  JY101 here gave me lots of good advice on foundation. I actually built my confidence purchasing.

Write this in a hurry during work, excuse me for grammer error

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”