This will need permit for sure

來源: beachlver 2012-07-23 12:42:12 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1130 bytes)
回答: 新問題請教muzhier2012-07-23 11:35:09

-It could take quite some time to get the permit - you may not get it before you come back. So you probably don't want to do the changes while you are away.

-Permit is related to scope of work, has nothing to do with who works on it.

-However, if there is building code inspection requirement, the work done by unlicensed contractor will be harder to pass inspection or will not pass at all.

-I would always use licensed contractor for plumbing and electrial work. You can not save money there. Call around to get the best offer.  Yes, unlicensed contractors are cheaper (cheaper for a reason - why they couldn't qualify for the license?).

However, for non-essential work, such as painting...., feel free to use even handyman, as long as you check out their previous work samples and like what they've done.

Yes, to hire someone is not to hands off completely. You still have to manage the entire process and the quality yourself.

Lastly, unless you are in huge demand of space, I would keep the 2-story living as it makes the property so much nicer.

所有跟帖: 

eye-opener. many thanks ... one more question though. -muzhier- 給 muzhier 發送悄悄話 muzhier 的博客首頁 (726 bytes) () 07/23/2012 postreply 13:04:06

You would want to get expert opinion -beachlver- 給 beachlver 發送悄悄話 (1547 bytes) () 07/23/2012 postreply 13:44:46

greatly appreciated. good learning from you. -muzhier- 給 muzhier 發送悄悄話 muzhier 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/23/2012 postreply 14:33:46

Beam is expensive ... -wooddiy- 給 wooddiy 發送悄悄話 wooddiy 的博客首頁 (50 bytes) () 07/23/2012 postreply 13:54:27

thanks much for the pictures. now I know what beam looks like -muzhier- 給 muzhier 發送悄悄話 muzhier 的博客首頁 (90 bytes) () 07/23/2012 postreply 14:35:38

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”