You would want to get expert opinion

來源: beachlver 2012-07-23 13:44:46 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1547 bytes)

2 boys are not a lot of weight - until they are 6 ft tall :-)

But it is better to put in extra caution.

Most landlords are not structure experts, so our opinion will not carry too far. You want to consult with real experts that actually see and measure your place.

Try to find 3 groups of companies:

1) The top ones in your area. These usually are most expensive but technically sound. Get written estimate from them. - From this group you would know what is the most sound approach and what is the upper limit of cost.

2) The cheapest ones (but may still be still licensed) in your area. Get written estimate.

3) Work with mid-range contractors to get estimate. Use the written estimate from the 2) group and ask the 3rd group to match or beat them.  This is your target group for actual work.

Now you likely will have the best knowledge of scope/design and possibly best pricing as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about paying slightly more than what offered by the 2nd group. (i.e., don't push the envelope too much to break the negotiation)

For each group, get up to 2 quotes to have a better vision.

This approach is useful for larger and more (safety) critical project. Smaller ones, you don't want to spend a lot of time just for getting the right quote. - Just do it will be just fine.

---

Light is one consideration, volume and elegance is another. But if you need space badly, I guess space is more important.

所有跟帖: 

greatly appreciated. good learning from you. -muzhier- 給 muzhier 發送悄悄話 muzhier 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/23/2012 postreply 14:33:46

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”