金融投資:Investing(3)(音頻文字)

來源: 紫君 2011-09-15 07:17:20 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3049 bytes)

金融投資:Investing(3)(音頻文字)ZT

投資顧問Jerry跟客戶Frank見麵,建議他投資電動汽車電池技術的開發,Frank似乎有顧慮。

F: I don't know....sounds like a gamble to me.

J: All investing is a gamble! But sometimes gambling pays off big time!

F: That's true...but sometimes you lose your shirt.

J: I'd recommend we take it step by step. The first step is to do lots of research. We really have to do our homework.

F: And then? What's step two?

J: I'm recommending buying a small Chinese company called WinTron Power. They hold several key patents and they have a good R&D department.

Frank覺得投資電池技術的開發聽上去有些象gamble,賭博,可是話說回來,投資就要有風險,堵注下對了就會賺一大筆錢,pay off big time, 全軍覆沒則會,lose your shirt,傾家蕩產。Jerry已經做好了全盤規劃,第一步是要做一下市場調查,do our homework,意思是先做好準備工作。第二步是收購一家叫WinTron Power的小公司。這家公司掌握著好幾項關鍵專利,而且有優秀的R&D Department,研究和開發部。

F: How much is this going to cost me?

J: The initial investment is about five million.

F: Five million U.S. dollars? That's steep!

J: Yes...but you could end up becoming a major supplier to the auto companies of the future. Invest millions for a chance to make billions.

F: It's a tempting idea. It could be huge.

Jerry說,首期投資the initial investment估計要500萬美元,Frank 說,that's steep. 這麽多錢, steep is spelled s-t-e-e-p, steep,意思是傾斜度大,坡陡,也有過份的意思,比如說 The price is steep,意思是價錢太貴。 Jerry 勸他說,如果成功,投個幾百萬,就有機會賺回幾十億,是個上算的買賣。Frank說,It's a tempting idea,他好象動心了。

J: China has the potential to be the leader in the field. This is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I think it would be foolish to let it slip away.

F: Jerry...you sold me. I'll get working on this project right away. This could be my big break! Thanks for the info!

J: Just doing my job.

Jerry說,This is an once-in-a lifetime opportunity,這可是千載難逢的好機會,過了這個村就沒這個店了;這樣的機會千萬不能錯過。Frank終於被說動了。他說,you sold me,意思是你把我說服了。This could be my big break,這回沒準我的機會來了。 Big break,往往用來指突如其來的好運氣。Jerry,回答說,Just doing my job. 這是我份內的工作,這是我應該做的。

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”