禮節美語:Flying Business Class 2(音頻文字)

來源: 紫君 2013-08-01 09:12:54 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3998 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 紫君 ] 在 2013-08-05 20:55:21 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
禮節美語:Flying Business Class 2(音頻文字) ZT

http://www.voachinese.com/content/be-258-flying-business-class-2/1713807.html

Cindy看到同事Wendy很開心的樣子。

Cindy: So Wendy, are you flying non-stop?

Wendy: Washington DC to Beijing...non-stop.

Amy: Oh that's lovely. The thing I hate the most about traveling is layovers. You have to get off the plane...get all your stuff...sometimes you have to go through security...then you wait around in the airport lounge for hours, and finally get back on a plane and endure more hours of flying.

C: Stopovers are a real pain in the neck. Sometimes they are quick, but most of the time layovers take at least three or four hours.

W: I got stuck at the Bangkok airport for nine hours once! I nearly went insane!

A: That's nasty. I'd rather just stay overnight and come back the next day.

Wendy的班機是直飛 non-stop, 不用轉機,中途轉機在英文裏是layover 或者是 stopover. Cindy說,Stopovers are a real pain in the neck. 說一件事情是 a pain in the neck 意思是說這件事情特別討厭。Wendy也說,有一次她被困在曼穀機場九個小時,I got stuck at the Bangkok airport for nine hours. Amy也說,她寧可找個地方過夜,I'd rather just stay overnight. 第二天再回來,也不願意在機場幹等。

C: Hopefully the airplanes of the future will be faster and bigger so we can get places more comfortably and quickly.

W: So...enlighten me on what pleasures await me in business class.

C: Well, the food is pretty good. Each meal has several courses and if you want seconds or thirds the answer is always: "No problem, madam."

A: The wine list is excellent, too. You also have a choice of dozens of brand-new movies and shows on your personal in-flight entertainment system.

C: But ...like I said earlier...the number one best thing about business class is the leg-room! You can stretch out and lie back. It makes all the difference in the world.

商務艙的乘客有哪些特殊待遇呢?Cindy說,首先是吃的好,每頓飯都有好幾道菜,而且,if you want seconds or thirds 如果你想要第二份或是第三份的話,回答永遠都是沒問題。seconds第二份is spelled s-e-c-o-n-d-s, seconds, 就是second後麵加個s. thirds也是一樣,就是在third後麵加個s. 除了吃的好,葡萄酒種類也不錯。The wine list is excellent. 此外還有最新上映的電影,但是商務艙最好的地方還是寬敞,It makes all the difference in the world. 天壤之別。

A: Cindy's right. A 12-hour flight doesn't seem all that long.

W: Excellent! I'm very much looking forward to it. Okay, it's my treat...what do you want to eat?

A: I'll have the shrimp salad.

C: And I'll have a club sandwich and a cranberry yogurt.

W: I'll have carrot sticks and a tomato juice.

C: On a diet?

W: No...I'm just too excited to eat!

Wendy聽後很高興,說自己十分期待。大家開始點午飯,結果Wendy自己隻要了carrot sticks and a tomato juice. 小胡蘿卜和番茄汁。Cindy問她是不是在減肥,On a diet? 等於 are you on a diet? Wendy 回答說不是,是因為太興奮,所以吃不下東西。

http://www.voachinese.com/content/be-258-flying-business-class-2/1713807.html

所有跟帖: 

禮節美語:Flying Business Class 1(音頻文字): -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (99 bytes) () 08/01/2013 postreply 09:14:15

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”