中國大學教學質量是世界一流嗎?

來源: 我愛瑞士 2009-10-06 02:02:57 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (10038 bytes)

Not long ago, Prof. 楊振寧, made a tour in some Chinese prestigious universities like Shanghai Fudan University.  In all the speeches he delivered during his tour, he reiterated with unflagging patience that, for some China's best universities,  in terms of the education qualities, they have already surpassed  their Western counterparts. "Your university, for instance, is much better than an American one, at least for the undergraduate stage."

Good news for all Chinese parents!  Great good news for all Chinese young college students. We feel so encouraged and so proud of our universities.

In addition, Prof. YANG has all authority to give this kind of assessments, because he is an insider himself,  as he used to being a professor in some American universities, a Nobel Prize laureate in physics. He knew what he was saying.

Is it true? Do we really have to believe in this?

I have no doubts about the good willingness of Prof. YANG. He may have intention to please,  and compliment Chinese host universities.  he may want to encourage our young students and help them build confidence. Or maybe, he knew that most of young students saw his marriage with a bad eye,  so he tried to assuage their hostility.

Anyway, whatever the motivations, no one can deny his good willingness and good intentions.

But he was wrong.  At least, he was partly wrong. He failed to give us a whole picture.  If you really believe in his statement, you are stupid.

It is very easy to prove that he was wrong. If we observe closely what our college students usually do during a typical ordinary day and what they, American students usually do, we will discover that his above encouraging statement  is so far from the reality.

You don't need me to tell you what our young students usually do in their university during a normal, typical , ordinary day.

Sleep late, get up late, play at video games, chat through QQ, read BBS, pursue a beautiful classmate girl, play cards, try to memorize English words, prepare English exams like TOEFL...

I can still continue it and this list can be very long.

But, at the same time, what is happening for most Western students?  I think all overseas students know the answer.

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 中國大學教學質量是世界一流嗎?
  • 什麽因素決定我們能否成功?
  • Please practice English and make progress together
  • I love Switzerland
  • Improve English through CNN
  • 所有跟帖: 

absolutely NO NO -23731241- 給 23731241 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 06:57:41

I believe students from both tie-1 universities in China -好學又好問- 給 好學又好問 發送悄悄話 好學又好問 的博客首頁 (191 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 13:50:40

我對清華北大等所謂好學生比較不鳥,他們是極度自負與自悲之間徘徊。 -frankstupid- 給 frankstupid 發送悄悄話 (128 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 14:37:02

HAHAHA, LOL -23731241- 給 23731241 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 14:47:26

哪裏出來的都差不多吧。極端的少,大多數都不過平常人而已。 -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (40 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 15:18:04

回複:中國大學教學質量是世界一流嗎? -灰衣人- 給 灰衣人 發送悄悄話 灰衣人 的博客首頁 (665 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 15:41:41

回複:回複:中國大學教學質量是世界一流嗎? -frankstupid- 給 frankstupid 發送悄悄話 (1019 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 20:12:13

En, thanks -灰衣人- 給 灰衣人 發送悄悄話 灰衣人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/07/2009 postreply 01:24:29

I need more practices:) -灰衣人- 給 灰衣人 發送悄悄話 灰衣人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/07/2009 postreply 02:37:02

謝謝你撰寫的一係列的英語隨筆。 -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2009 postreply 19:35:24

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
    選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
    選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”