APAD:Better to wear out than to rust out

來源: 移花接木 2024-05-23 05:08:12 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (858 bytes)

Better to wear out than to rust out

It is better to remain active than to succumb to idleness: used particularly with reference to elderly people.

The origin of the quote “Better to Wear Out than to Rust Out” is attributed to George Whitefield, an English Anglican cleric and evangelist in the 18th century.

The essence of “Better to Wear Out than to Rust Out” lies in the idea of embracing an active life. Staying physically and mentally engaged is essential for personal growth and well-being. Active living not only keeps our bodies healthy but also sharpens our minds. Engaging in physical activities, pursuing passions, and constantly seeking new challenges are all ways to wear out in a positive sense.

所有跟帖: 

Agree. I'm about 2 post "If I Rest,I Rust",now need a new1 -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/23/2024 postreply 06:18:15

100%! Prefer checking out with my boots on :-)) -7grizzly- 給 7grizzly 發送悄悄話 7grizzly 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/23/2024 postreply 07:52:09

鞠躬盡瘁 死而後已 -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/23/2024 postreply 17:16:15

生命在於運動 -方外居士- 給 方外居士 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/24/2024 postreply 07:04:58

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”