Yes, I will Live in the Moment

來源: 永遠老李 2024-03-25 09:05:09 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1457 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 永遠老李 ] 在 2024-03-25 11:04:34 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 活在當下 (Live in the Moment)康賽歐2024-03-25 07:25:15

There was from that saturday morning. I decided to live in the moment. 

It was a saturday. There was a live telecast of World Cup 2022 match between Holland and USA. At half time break, I stood up and quietly got dressed. I had to leave home. I must go inspite of that exciting soccer telecast. The reason is I need to attend funeral of my wife's friend who died of cancer recently. 

I arrived in church where the ceremony was. The whole thing is surreal. Short eight months ago, she had a weekend hiking with my wife in a park nearby. She wass in great shape. She actually walked faster than my wife does. Once they came home, they had pleasant chat. She looked healthy and loud and happy. I can't believe my ears that she was diagnosed with cancer a few days later. She quitted her job the very next day. Her supervisor was in charge of her treatment. Her supervisor is a world class cancer doctor. But it is not enough to save her life. I walked pass her casket. She went from a full of life woman into a body laying in a box. She looks different. I don't know how her husband and her kids cope with it when they spent time with her looking like that. That was beyond shock. She has everything she asks for. She has a good husband and good kids and good job and good car and good this and good that. She left all that in 8 months, just like that. Life is unpredicatable, man. 

所有跟帖: 

Thanks for sharing such a thought-provoking and sad story. -康賽歐- 給 康賽歐 發送悄悄話 康賽歐 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2024 postreply 10:31:22

Life is so fragile that it should be cherished. -康賽歐- 給 康賽歐 發送悄悄話 康賽歐 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2024 postreply 10:31:57

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!