Music’s Fiercest Feuds and Beefs (VIII)

來源: 移花接木 2023-01-23 12:37:34 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4123 bytes)

From classic-rock squabbles to hip-hop diss tracks and social media wars, here are the ridiculous, rancorous conflicts that have held us rapt.

Rolling Stone     Jordan Runtagh

Creative differences, financial disputes, drug abuse, love triangles – in the music industry, the opportunities to butt heads are basically limitless. The bigger the star, the bigger the ego, and when two tangle, you get a supernova of spite and bile that holds the world in rapture, turning mature adults into spit-flecked children chanting “Fight, fight, fight!” in a circle at recess.

Pick a side, or simply spectate. No judgment.

Mariah Carey vs. Jennifer Lopez

Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez. Photos by Richard Corkery / NY Daily News Archive, Justin Goff UK Press via Getty.

When the tables were turned, Mimi was just as a brutal to the new diva on the block as Houston had been to her. During an interview with a German television network in 2000, when asked about J.Lo, she uttered the most effective four-word shutdown in history: “I don’t know her.” A master class in shade, the clip has since become deeply embedded in the DNA of Internet culture.

The feud’s origins remain a mystery, but Andy Cohen interrogated Lopez about it during a 2014 episode of Watch What Happens Live exchange. “I don’t have a feud against her at all. I know from back in the day that she’s said things about me that were not the greatest, but we have never met,” she said. “We don’t know each other. I think it’s kind of like from word of mouth or things that have happened in the past that I’m not really aware of, but I don’t know.” She then raised an olive branch, saying, “I would love to meet her and I would love to be friends with her. I think she’s incredibly talented and I’ve always been a fan of hers. ‘My All’ is one of my favorite songs of all time. It saddens me to hear anything that’s negative because I’m a fan.”

Some questioned Lopez’s sincerity in May 2015 at the Billboard Music Awards when, during Carey’s performance of “Infinity,” she was seen scrolling through her phone, seemingly ignoring the show. “I watched most of it,” she insisted during another appearance on WWHL in February 2016. “I may have looked down for one second and people were like, ‘Look at her! Look at her!'”

Lopez’s diplomacy faltered weeks later on The Wendy Williams Show, when the infamous “I don’t know her” comment was mentioned. “She does say that. She’s forgetful, I guess! We’ve met many times.” Carey, for one, didn’t deny it. “You know what? I’m very forgetful. Apparently I’m forgetful because I don’t remember the fact that it was just like, ‘Hi, I’m so and so,'” she later said.

Even after the better part of two decades, during which time Lopez has become a bona fide ubiquitous star in music, film and TV, Carey’s story didn’t change. When TMZ asked for her thoughts on J.Lo in 2016, her answer was the same: “I still don’t know her!”

所有跟帖: 

累壞我了。先在沙發上休息一會。等有時間來讀 -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/23/2023 postreply 15:20:31

thanks God, it's Monday......... -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/23/2023 postreply 19:52:15

Happy Monday~:) -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/23/2023 postreply 21:32:17

凱利唱歌水平遠高於JLo, 一般認為JLo是好萊塢最overrated 的女歌手, 結婚離婚走馬燈似的, 不知這次和本 -欲借嵯峨- 給 欲借嵯峨 發送悄悄話 欲借嵯峨 的博客首頁 (24 bytes) () 01/23/2023 postreply 15:55:01

那為什麽還要結婚? -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/23/2023 postreply 20:39:48

好女人想叛逆,壞女人想從良唄 -一荷- 給 一荷 發送悄悄話 一荷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/23/2023 postreply 21:24:52

raised an olive branch:拋出橄欖枝。falter:搖搖欲墜。她們倆也誰都不認識誰:) -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/23/2023 postreply 21:30:49

惠特尼休斯敦已經走了,凱利現在根本唱不聲了,JLO也會被後來人拍倒,不承認歲月不行 -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/24/2023 postreply 05:34:46

There's always some gossip fodder about pop divas. -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/24/2023 postreply 05:57:33

more to come -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/24/2023 postreply 10:07:00

No business is quite like show business. -renqiulan- 給 renqiulan 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/24/2023 postreply 12:37:26

似乎這一對吵得還算文明的。"I don't know" is good answer for many question -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/25/2023 postreply 14:24:10

有時候忽視的傷害比仇恨還厲害,仇恨起碼在心裏占有一定地位,忽視就表示對方根本不值得一文,當然 -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (45 bytes) () 01/25/2023 postreply 14:49:05

我不覺得。仇恨,會產生出負麵的東西,比如報複,槍殺。忽視是當作空氣,心裏反而輕鬆。 -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/25/2023 postreply 15:14:04

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!